• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats your primary backhand driving disc and why?

On the shorter end, I can throw a bunch of different discs up to about 300 ft with decent control. My current favorite disc for such a task is my Lat 64 GL Core. On the longer end, I have 4 or 5 that can probably get out to 400 ft, control notwithstanding. If I had to choose one that I trust more than any other, I'd probably grab my Champ Wraith. Nicely seasoned with a little flip to it, and just holds dead on forever and ever.

150 Z Flick for everything except uphill dogleg rights. Because it doesn't matter what wind is blowing from where and how hard; it acts the same.

For 280' probably a Star TL due to its predictability and controllability.

For the 350' range I'm throwing a beat in Star Wraith although I'm starting to feel pretty good about throwing Roadrunners on a hyzer flip line for that range also.

When I'm not sure what to throw on a hole, I usually use a Star Teebird. I often get into trouble trying to throw something faster or more stable or less stable. So I just stick with my old favorite.

One of them Teebirds, because they're stable with nice glide when ya throw 'em hard, and can still work some flex shots at shorter distances.

don't have a primary disc because i use different discs for different situations

Last edited:
280' Comet if I have a high ceiling ('cause it's awesome) and a Warship if I don't or if there is too much wind. It's a fantastic near-driver mid that has glide to boot.

300-325 S-FD. Great line shaper, easy to power up or down, decent in the wind, and it glides for days.

325-max. TD Sword. It's very straight and has a relatively low power requirement for the payoff. Mine seem to still have a really healthy amount of lss and will fight out of most anhyzers. Honarable mention to the Nuke for the wide-open, low risk shots.

250-300: KC Pro Roc because, well, the Roc is every bit the glorious disc that people make it out to be.
301-350: Either a star or 11x champ teebird depending whether it needs to finish in a hyzer or more straight.
351+: Star destroyer - longest disc with the most controll that I have thrown.

I've been using an Avenger SS and a Blizard Wraith depending on the need. I am really liking the Avenger SS.

I throw right @ 300 with control.
I'm torn between two discs. :D
150 class Star Leopard
150 class Reg X-link Trak.

Until recently, it's been The Stalker. I was throwing it with good control LHBH out to 325. About a week ago, I decided to give my River one more try before selling it. It had been 6 months since I last threw it, and I never gave it a fair chance. All I can say is WOW. This thing is straight as an arrow and getting out to 375-380 with excellent control.

Imagine Samuel L Jackson form Jakie Brown saying this….

When you absolutely got to kill every mohterfuc__r in the GD building grab an Eagle…. accept no substitutes.

So for me it's an Eagle but I prefer to grab an Orc for over 375'.

Shood man, we need to makes sumbody take sum eglsh calsses man. ;)

I be throwing pro destro's for 350' +

teeburds and eagil's and clones for everything less.

Last edited:

Latest posts