• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are you going in 2023?

oops, wrong thread

Last edited:
Lets see, so far this year
17 - MO
2 - AR
23 - MS
11 - LA
68 - KS
21 - TX
9 - NV
13 - OK
5 - NE
2 - SD
1 - MN
1 - IA
173 courses and counting this year.

I should mention that TX, AR, OK, and LA I am already #1 or #2 in most courses played in those states. There are very few I have not played in them. I have been working on Kansas when I get a chance including this last week I drove up and hit 12 courses (113 holes) in one day.

What's becoming my annual excursion to Michigan's Upper Peninsula begins tomorrow. 😁 Planning on playing the last few courses up there that I haven't hit yet, including several new ones that popped up since last fall (mostly 9ers haha). And revisiting some favorites.

Was planning on a bigger trip after Labor Day where I'd hit #200. But I think I might hit #200 before that. 😂

What's becoming my annual excursion to Michigan's Upper Peninsula begins tomorrow. 😁 Planning on playing the last few courses up there that I haven't hit yet, including several new ones that popped up since last fall (mostly 9ers haha). And revisiting some favorites.

Was planning on a bigger trip after Labor Day where I'd hit #200. But I think I might hit #200 before that. 😂
UP Fall Beer Fest Sept 9th.....if this is your sort of thing.
U.P. Fall Beer Fest | Marquette, MI 49855

It's almost time for an annual family tradition....this year (our 15th) will be in Las Vegas. My 2 boys (Boys, Lol, 33 & 36) and I will be playing Wild Horse, Sunset, and a few others.....
Went to Pizza Expo this springs, for no other reason that to hit Meow Wolf (highly recommend) and playing all the new courses that popped up in the last 10+ years since I last went.

Highly recommend Wildhorse. Both Morning course and Afternoon courses are great. It's worth getting the cart too.

You can't go wrong with Sunset Park.

North Las Vegas DiscGolfPark can be played at night. It's a 9 hole course with Yellow and White baskets that can be played as 18.

Peccole Ranch is a fun course and well worth playing.

Fox Hill is a pitch and putt course
Same with Mountain Crest

Anthem, Arroyo Grande and Red Ridge are all 9 hole courses with Red Ridge the only one really worth playing

Davis is just a practice area
Skip Freedom Park too, not only is it got upkeep issues, but it is not a safe park. I have not played the new layout but choose to skip it and hit the rest in town when I was there.

I'm going to South Korea this year. So excited to see BTS perform live!!!
Ahhh!

Wait, are you playing any disc golf there? Do they even have disc golf there?

We're headed to Spain in a couple of months. We travel carry-on only, so I'll probably only have room for a single disc, maybe 2. I plan to play the McBeth Foundation course in Madrid as well as one or two around Barcelona while we're there.

Also went to Colorado in July and played a couple of rounds there. Beaver Ranch is awesome.

I'll be staying in Eastern Michigan near Au Gres. I've played Old Airport and the practice loop in Tawas.

Here's my plan for the few days I have available. I'll be at the first course each day by 6:30am, earlier if I wake up for my first alarm. While I enjoy taking a break for a joint every 6ish holes, I learned to at ready golf with Lion, so getting through an 18 hole course averages about 75 minutes, 9 hole courses are usually less than a half an hour.

I figured with the time available and where I'm located, I'd play it safe with a maximum of 90 minutes to the furthest course, and starting the furthest out each day. Each route in the gps has me driving for no more than 4:30 round trip, with each course having limited drive time between each.

I'm hoping I can play day 3 fast enough to be able to merge it with the day 4 lineup and add a few more on the last day.

Day 1
#380 Grayling Rotary - Grayling, MI
#381 Grayling Rotary: Pine Knoll - Grayling, MI
#382 Riverwalk DGC - Gladwin, MI
#383 Roscommon DGC - Houghton Lake, MI
#384 Ogemaw Hills DGC - West Branch, MI

Day 2
#385 Central Michigan University - Mt. Pleasant, MI
#386 The Ferns @ Odyssey - Mt. Pleasant, MI
#387 Chippewa Banks - Midland, MI
#388 The Jungle - Sanford, MI

Day 3
#389 Memorial Park DGC - Frankenmuth, MI
#390 Taymouth Park DGC - Burt, MI
#391 Showboat Park DGC - Chesaning, MI
#392 The Pines DGC - St. Charles, MI

Day 4
#393 Richland Park DGC - Hemlock, MI
#394 Roberts Park DGC - Saginaw, MI
#395 Wickes Woods DGC - Saginaw, MI

so how was hobbs

I need to sit down and look at each of my tiers, but I'm thinking I'd give it a 4. There were a few really good holes, but too many bland ones. I didn't like that it was front loaded with both of the par 5s in the 1st 4 holes. Also wasn't as impressed with hole 2 as a lot of reviewers were. The first shot is boring unless you can reach the treeline, but if you can reach the treeline it would play more like a par 4.

I really liked 4, 7 and 13. 17 would have been better if there was a decent area to tee from for the white/blue. There's what looks like one of those genously sized welcome mats made of rubber honeycombs secured to the slick (when we played) decking. Hole in the decking about 2ish feet left of that mat nearly got me bad as I stepped over while watching my shot. The nice, super detailed tee signs weren't in the best shape and the grass was just long enough to be an issue.

tldr: Agree with you guys that it's over rated. No way I'd give it a 5 and even if the maintnance issues were fixed, I don't think it's a 4.5. Also, no way I'd call it a 3, what's good is good enough to easily eclipse that tier. I can see how you might call it a 3.5, but I think 4 sounds right for me.

I had fun at Hobbs (and you and playrecords tempering expectations probably helped), but I think I liked Wolf Knob in KY better. 16 of 18 holes in dense woods with a ton of hills. 5800' par 58. They're building an 11,000 foot course on that property too, but the owner didn't seem to have a timeline for when it would be done. Got the sense it wouldn't be this year and probably not next either.

I'll do a review for Hobbs in the next few days.

Last edited:

Latest posts