• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which do you use more?

JKP21

* Ace Member *
Do use more tomahawks or thumbers?

What distances?

What discs?

Either the line is available for.

Firebird for control thumbers, orc for tommies, flick for thumber distance

200-280 Hello, auto-birdie!

I was taught the tomahawk when I first started play, and didn't even know what a thumber was until I started reading this board. So, I throw tomahawks mainly. I use Banshees, just because that's my normal overstable driver for flicks and wind. I can throw them ~260 ft. I've never measured.

Thumber...my max D is about 315. Currently with a Monster. Ever since I started throwing the thumber, I can no longer throw the tomohawk...weird but true.

It depends if I want it to end to the left or to the right. If I could throw a more conventional shot I would, so I am only using these shots for unique shots.

tommy :175 champ RR, 325/350, great control
thumber : 175 Z Pred, 220 max and who knows where its gonna go

needless to say i use my tommy 1000% more than my thumber

Thumber feels more natural to me (I guess because of baseball). Don't use it much except for short shots over obstacles. If I were to throw them more often, I would either use my z pred or get an flx pred for it. Last time I threw one it was ~280, but I could probably hit 320+ if I were to practice it a bit more.

I don't think I ever throw thumbers more than about 200 ft. Maybe 220.

I never throw tommys, but I supose it would be nice to have the right-to-left option. The problem is that to shorten the shot I face the top of the disc toward the ground to various degrees, and I find that quite hard to do with a tommy but easy with a thumber.

tommy (my thumb doesnt move do to mussle and tendon injury and i cant grip a thumber)
whatever overstable disc I have in my bag

Thumber
Z Predator
260'

I'm pretty accurate with the thumber, but can't throw a tommie at all.

Whatever lines is available, but 75-25 t-hawks to thumbers.

200-330 - air, low line drives, skip shots...

Champ Firechicken or Eagle-X for more left-to right action, Z-Wasp for shorter holes

pd

tommy with champ 11x eagle-x. tried it with z pred and firebird but the eagle just performs better for me

Latest posts