• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Which MVP Disc(s) to replace my Buzzzes?

I would say the Tangent as well. Though its barely on the understable side you can get it to hold long straight lines with ease. I use mine several times in a round and it and my Drone are my most reliable go2 mid's. I also have a Tensor but I don't like it near as much as my Tangent for MVP mid's.

I would say Tangent as well. Though it is on the understable side I can get mine to hold long straight lines and I throw it several time each round for upshots and some approach shots. It and my Drone are my most reliable go2 mid's. I also throw a Tenson on occasion but I much prefer my Tangent out of my MVP mid's.

(OK that was weird..... my first post did not show up so I posted a second time and they both appeared)

I am currently cleaning out everything I own for disc golf that is not MVP/Axiom, Buzzz's, or Ace Race discs. The rest are going to be sold. Buzzz is a special disc. I still think it's the greatest disc out there. No point in replacing it.

However, it is YOUR choice. An Axis, Alias, or Tangent could all fill the slot. I like the Alias and Tangent alot. Alias is probably one of the best mids ever but the Buzzz just can do any line I put it on.

i had not thrown a buzz in a few years until this week. grabbed a 10 year out of my bins and took it to the course. worse possible day to do so as it was windy and gusty. the buzzz had no chance. today though in the field it was shining for me. i am 95% mvp/axiom the only non brothers discs are the z zone and now the buzz. I'm cool with that.

some discs cannot be replaced. there is no buzz replacement but other discs that could do most of what the buzz does but not all.

i had not thrown a buzz in a few years until this week. grabbed a 10 year out of my bins and took it to the course. worse possible day to do so as it was windy and gusty. the buzzz had no chance. today though in the field it was shining for me. i am 95% mvp/axiom the only non brothers discs are the z zone and now the buzz. I'm cool with that.

some discs cannot be replaced. there is no buzz replacement but other discs that could do most of what the buzz does but not all.

I came to the same realization after getting away from the Buzzz for a couple years. The only thing it can't handle with ease is headwind, so just bag an overstable mid along with it.

As others have said, why bother replacing what works?

Axis is straighter than Buzzz.

Tangent even less so.

Buzzz has that great straight flight with fade. Maybe a beaten in Vector would do it, but why?

Buzzz is a disc that goes beyond brand loyalty, especially given the plastic varieties.

I often wonder why Innova never made a beadless Roc to go toe to toe with the Buzzz... Probably because they sued the poo out of Discraft for the Wasp and don't wanna be hypocrites.

I'm telling you the Buzzz is a great disc. I am currently experimenting with my bag but soon I may only carry the Buzzz and Vector for mids. Of course ill have multilples of each.

Been putting in a lot of work with the a new run Axis, Vector, and Theory the last 2 weeks, and while I'm not sure if they'll ever replace my Buzzzes as my go to mids, I really like these discs.

The Theory is so controllable. Not many discs out there that can go right as easy as they go left, like the Theory does. Reminds me of a Comet more than a Buzzz, but I'm REALLY liking this disc.

The Vector is very predictable for straight lines or left turns. Very comparable to a new Z Buzzz.

I want to like the Axis, but I'm digging the Theory so much, and I think it does everything the Axis does, but better.

It's a distinct possibility that once I get to know the Theory better, that I replace my Buzzes with a Vector/Theory combo. Hard to say for sure, but it's a closer competition than I thought it would be, and I LOVE my Buzzzes, and have been throwing them for a long time.

Why's that?

because vectors don't end straight unless you have a weird one, throwing anhyzer into a halfway decent headwind.

just don't expect to be able to keep replacing your buzzz with vectors once that one wears in, is all. don't want your hopes up for a disc that isn't really like a buzzz. i bet you'd love used vectors though. cheaper for you. :D

Last edited:
Yeah unless MVP release some baseline kind of plastic vectors i dont see it replacing a buzzz ever. Even super beat still fly like a beaded mid.