• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why do people put stats (# aces/"metal", etc.) in their signature?

I'd be interested in any stat that can pinpoint the rise in trolling behavior on these boards. I can see how it can be taken as a tacky thing, but I have 0 aces and wanted people to know that A) I'm not a great player and B) am driving myself crazy trying to get that ace. Ahh hell, I guess it doesn't matter. Ill remove it because I can see how it can be tacky and Ive always kinda thought so.

Last edited:
I think we can all tell the difference between those that play and those that post.
As a new member, "Bogey Member" is somewhat of a scarlet letter and I could benefit from some extra posting. However, I'm not going to be a whore and clutter the board.

As for signatures, I just haven't thought of anything creative. I never thought the Ace Counts were pretentious, but Cubby Aces are a joke.

I lied I had to return to this thread. My cubby aces are posted as a joke not as something serious or something I am proud of. I am actually making fun of someone but I won't tell you who.

i have nothing in my sig, i am nothing

I only have my sig because Tim won't let me say what I really feel.:p

The only thing worse than sigs with stats are sigs with quotes stolen from a bumper sticker. :eek:

I imagine it's a security thing. People that are insecure are often the ones that brag the most

thing about distance drives and aces are that good all around golfer are average or better than average at everything the people good at one specific thing end p being in competitions for those specific talents only (i.e. long distance drives n hole in one challenges)

So who here enjoys the beach over the mountain?

What political affiliation are you?

What is your favorite meal?

What is your blood type?

Why won't someone's sig answer all these questions and all the questions I haven't even thought of yet?

Damn you tiny sigs, you tell me nothing about these people

Nothing!

I prefer the mountains, am a Democrat, I really like a good seasoned steak or smoked brisket, and I don't know my blood type...

You there, do you like Burger King or McDonalds? I don't see it in your sig.

Oh definitely McDonald's although both can be pretty gross...

I can't put any of your comments about disc golf in context unless I know what your favorite donut is.

I love a good Boston Creme, but only from Dunkin Donuts...I prefer breakfast tacos though...

How many states have you been to? This is important for me to know before I can accept your opinion on what is the best shallow rimmed putter.

Only 5 states so far, but I'm working on. Besides Texas is so dang big I feels like traveling to another state...

How can you critique my form unless you know if I'm a boxers or brief guy?

Actually I wear boxer briefs, comfy yet still supportive...

How many books have your read?

Which James brother do you prefer? I like William because I find his prose to be easier to digest than his brother's but it could be because I had to read so much Henry James in college.

I have to know these things before I can tell you if you should throw a roc or a buzz

Oh man, I don't know how many books... lots, probably a few dozen a year depending on how busy I am. I think Jesse, is that the common answer.

Okay now can I tell you I prefer the roc, but I'm trying out the buzz lately?

oh wait... Is this not one of those learn about me and forward on to 20 of your friends emails? Dangit...wrong thread. :wall:

BTW - anybody like my cool sig? :D

There's only three professions that get to have the word "super" in front: models, visors and intendents.

In this case I make the exception of "super" gay. That profession is Zenbots alone.

There's only three professions that get to have the word "super" in front: models, visors and intendents.

In this case I make the exception of "super" gay. That profession is Zenbots alone.
It is a noble profession.

Latest posts