• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wildlife spotting

KniceZ

Double Eagle Member
Yesterday I played a solo round and while I didn't shoot very good I saw lots of wildlife: geese, ducks, turtle, beaver, muskrat, rabbits, osprey, eagle, and more squirrels than I could count.

No real question just wanted to share a good time outdoors - one of the many reasons I love DG.

Yesterday I played a solo round and while I didn't shoot very good I saw lots of wildlife: geese, ducks, turtle, beaver, muskrat, rabbits, osprey, eagle, and more squirrels than I could count.

No real question just wanted to share a good time outdoors - one of the many reasons I love DG.

I see deer and wild turkeys at Bryant all the time. Especially at dusk. Last fall I saw a eight point buck 2 weeks before deer hunting season. It made me drool a little.

I'm pretty sure we had a cougar watching us while playing a night round on my property. I've come across cougar scat in the area before and those were definitely not deer eyes reflecting back when I looked up with my headlamp. It's pretty tough lining up a putt when you see those eyes looking down at you. Spooky.

I'm pretty sure we had a cougar watching us while playing a night round on my property. I've come across cougar scat in the area before and those were definitely not deer eyes reflecting back when I looked up with my headlamp. It's pretty tough lining up a putt when you see those eyes looking down at you. Spooky.

okay you win!!!! u got worked by a cougar and not the good way.

I love seeing the owls at my course. esp when the young owls were learning to fly....the parents would be in the trees watching and when you got ready to putt they would spread their wings....talk about movement violation.

I see deer and wild turkeys at Bryant all the time. Especially at dusk. Last fall I saw a eight pointthe ordinary buck 2 weeks before deer hunting season. It made me drool a little.
That buck probably had a calendar and was laughing at you. :p

I love wildlife on the course, the more out of the ordinary the better...preferably at a distance if its potentially dangerous, like bears and venomous snakes.

That is one of my favorite things about disc golf as well. I love seeing the animals just out roaming. We see turkeys, ducks, geese, squirrels, all types of birds, rabbits, and my favorite are the deer. However, I have seen quite a few snakes this year and I don't like that at all lol.

In March, I saw an albino deer roaming the Campgaw course in NJ. Really catches your attention when you look through these dark green and brown woods and this bright white thing darts out of nowhere.

Thought this cougar story was going in a whole different direction. Not gonna lie, I'm a little disappointed.

okay you win!!!! u got worked by a cougar and not the good way.

I love seeing the owls at my course. esp when the young owls were learning to fly....the parents would be in the trees watching and when you got ready to putt they would spread their wings....talk about movement violation.

we have nesting owls at one of our local private courses. i always look forward to seeing them while im out there. we also have some nesting eagles at a local course, both have some massive wingspans.

At Seven Oaks in Nashville yesterday I encountered a skink and cornsnake

Attachments

• IMG958391.jpg
    IMG958391.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG951869.jpg
    IMG951869.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 40
I'm gonna have to say that a cow does not qualify as "wildlife". Unless you meant a cow moose or elephant or something.

Latest posts