• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top Pros Registering for NTs

this type of flexibility and accommodating to the players needs really shows how involved the TD's are and care about the players

#growthesport

Adding Fiesta Lakes has been in the mix for some time now. They just were not able to get the contract details in place prior to the 13th and the TD could not say anything until the contracts were in place.

For AMs it will now be one round at each course. Pros will still play the Fountain twice. Also, part of the contract with Fiesta is that any registered memorial players will not be required to pay greens fees to practice before the tournament. I believe that goes into effect 7 - 10 days prior to tournament start. I am not sure exactly because I have not seen the final contract, but at any rate it will be nice to get some good practice in without having to pay greens fees each time. I thought that was a nice touch that Dan and Keith added to the deal.

Queue the line for pros now complaining they won't have enough time to practice all three courses.

Queue the line for pros now complaining they won't have enough time to practice all three courses.

There's always something to complain about....

Great move by the Memorial staff IMO

Ha, yeah. I mean 3 courses is about all they get at Worlds outsidea of the final 9 from time to time. I think this is a great move. I guess I better look at taking more time off to go practice.

You want to know something that holds dg back? Top talent publicly airing dissatisfaction. You want to call yourself a pro, act accordingly.

That's why I just play open.

You want to know something that holds dg back? Top talent publicly airing dissatisfaction. You want to call yourself a pro, act accordingly.

That's why I just play open.

But, don't you know the only way to grow the sport is to cater to the whiney few. This whole grow the sport, make it mainstream nonsense is just that, nonsense. It is what it is. And most likely this is all it will ever be.

So, now they add a course, and Mcbeth is upset because he wont be able to do the GCC and have enough time to practice for the Memorial. SMH.

Yup it's unfourtunate, If youre looking to Win the Memorial you will need more than two days to practice those 3 courses. Vegas suffers because of this, not sure where the upset part is?

Problem solved. Discraft announced on Facebook that they added a course to the Memorial.

Do vista and fountain ever change layout? Aren't they the same courses these pros play every year for this event? The only variable being weather conditions, which you really can't practice for anyway. Seems to me that it's one new course to learn, and two to refresh your memory on. Doesn't seem an overly difficult task to accomplish in two days to me.

Do vista and fountain ever change layout? Aren't they the same courses these pros play every year for this event? The only variable being weather conditions, which you really can't practice for anyway. Seems to me that it's one new course to learn, and two to refresh your memory on. Doesn't seem an overly difficult task to accomplish in two days to me.

Occasionally there are some minor tweaks. They generally play the same from year-to-year though. When you play different courses every week though, I can see why one would need at least a refresher round or two to get the feel of the courses.

By adding the extra course and moving from a Friday-Sunday format to a Wednesday to Saturday format, they are stepping on the GCC. I would suggest GCC and Memorial flip flop in the future. Spend your money in VEGAS!!!

Maybe not, but McBeast is a 3x world champ and I'd probably just take his word for it on this one. I think the point he's making is that Vegas suffers by not having as many big names to draw crowds, sponsors for next year, vendors, etc. Legit point.

Even if Fountain and Vista never change, and you don't need to revisit them (I'd guess that's seldom the case), you're still looking at more than an hour a hole to properly prepare.

Throw some drives, check out the green, look at landing zones, figure out how to attack it, go back to really pick a drive, play it out, hope it works, practice all the hard putts ...

I can definitely see taking more than 2 days to check out a single course, let alone 3 if this is your first year (maybe a top European player, new to the US tour, will have to see all 3, but has a shot of winning).

Latest posts