• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Work Trip - Apopka, FL

riltim

Eagle Member
Heading out to Apopka for business, supposed to be a week long but I have a feeling I'll be stuck there for two weeks with the weekend off. I'm planning on stuffing my Juju in my checked baggage in case that happens.

I've already played Bill Frederick Park, and I enjoyed it, but was wondering if there was anything else in the area worth playing. Saw Barnett park online but it says one course is unplayable and the other is in rough shape with busted baskets.

Any locals have any insight?

Apopka is close to Mount Dora. You have to play Nature Park on 9th Ave in Mount Dora. It's not far from the pitch 'n putt @ Lincoln Park but with 2 tees and 2 baskets, you have 36 hole combinations and good use of elevation for a Florida course. I would highly recommend it if you are still in town.

As noted by Thrembo, the Debary courses are both nice. I rated the Debary alpha layout in my top 90 percent. Two weeks ago I replayed lake Hiawatha in clemont. I was personally impressed. Among my top 5 favorite courses in Florida out of 109. Which means nothing, cause you may not like what I like. It has some attributal similarities to T2 and alpha. Long, challenging, good navigation, great variety for a flat course and multiple tees. It exceeds alpda and t2 with two baskets on every hole. So the skill layout selection is excellent. I have not played nature park as noted by chainedwraith.

I'm staying in Lake Mary and I had a chance to play River City - Alpha this morning. Met up with a local on hole 3 and we finished the round together; awesome guy. I liked the back 9 a lot more than the front 9 but overall a pretty great course.

I wasn't able to pack any discs with me so I was only playing with a JB Roach, JB Zone, Ti Buzzz, and Z Stalker I picked up from DGC. I was missing a disc I could turnover easy and a distance driver so I picked up a X Buzzz and a base Scorpius when I left. Gonna try my hand at Alpha again tomorrow morning and then play the other course on site.

Thanks for the recommendations. Anyone looking to play it tomorrow morning feel free to send me a PM.

Went back today and played 1 round solo. Met up with a group halfway through my second round and we played dubs the back nine. The group was a blast and made me feel super welcome.

A little bummed I didn't play the other course on site but looking at it online it was a little too rough for me to play solo.

Latest posts