MVP Zenith (speed 11 driver)

Twmccoy

* Ace Member *
Didn't find any other threads here about the Zenith, so here goes....

Anyone throw the Zenith? Tried one today. Neutron, unknown weight (feels like 174ish).

Assigned flight numbers are 11, 5, -0.5, 2. This driver seems to slot between the Wave and Photon in terms of speed and stability.

The Zenith was a pretty good performer, though noticeably less stable than numbers would indicate. On a hard, hyzer release it popped up fast and drifted right quite a bit. I wouldn't call the thing super flippy, but it's about -2 for turn.

Nice flier. The Zenith pops decently for a speed 11 disc, and gets downrange with ease. For being on the flatter side it glides well. Fade is fairly late and not overly dumpy. Max distance with the Zenith was a hair over 400'. The disc flies well on flat or hyzer releases, but sometimes drifts right too much and won't come back easily (if at all).

Overall, the Zenith seems to fit perfectly between the Wave (very flippy) and the Photon (glideless beef). It's a nice driver that flies like a Surge, Archon, or Scorch. Good glide, easy turn, and mellow fade. Fairly long for a speed 11.

Zenith: 11, 5, -2, 2. Noticeably more turn than the given numbers indicate. This can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on what you want to use the disc for.

I probably wouldn't bag it, but people who like MVP and 11 speed drivers might want to give it a look.

Last edited:
I've owned one Neutron Zenith, max weight. I just could not get it to do what I wanted.

For me it was kind of glideless, wanted to hold a hyzer but when it did turn it just kept turning, all my throws with it went shorter than I wanted and it almost always landed considerably left or way right of where I wanted it to go.

On some throws I'd compare it to a very overstable Wraith and on others a very understable one.

Zenith: 11, 4, -1, 2. If you're a gyronaut I'd rather look at Plasma or Fission Photons or maybe Traces.

I've owned one Neutron Zenith, max weight. I just could not get it to do what I wanted.

For me it was kind of glideless, wanted to hold a hyzer but when it did turn it just kept turning, all my throws with it went shorter than I wanted and it almost always landed considerably left or way right of where I wanted it to go.

On some throws I'd compare it to a very overstable Wraith and on others a very understable one.

Zenith: 11, 4, -1, 2. If you're a gyronaut I'd rather look at Plasma or Fission Photons or maybe Traces.

Interesting. The Zenith I tried wanted to flip fairly easily, even on hyzer releases. It had no trouble getting distance. I won't say it went further than I thought it would, but it sure wasn't short.

I don't really throw or bag 11 speed discs anyway. If I did, this one could get an audition. Probably just a hair flippy to be super consistent.

I've tried a Trace or two. Those things seem glideless, flat, and pretty beefy. They're like a worse version of the Wraith.