• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

“The Secret Technique” to throw Roc 375’ with 15% power

Loop I need an explain like I am five. I am not sure what is discussed in here, either the language barrier or I am just stupid.

that's the gurthie chop for sure. Who is that?

Tobias Lilja Lundberg. World Distance Champion 2019 I believe? He has won the Swedish Distance Championship at least one time too. Unfortunately I can't find and more vids at the moment. I'll see what I can do. He has an interesting form for sure.

This may be relevant:

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138151

HUB: Have you tried focusing on the left shoulder more than the arm? Pulling it in a straight line towards the disc at maximum reach back and let it anchor where it creates natural resistance? Just a thought.

oTtAV5N.gif

Loop I need an explain like I am five. I am not sure what is discussed in here, either the language barrier or I am just stupid.

Instead of thinking of the throwing lever as your arm, you extend it by including your shoulders.

So the axis the throw rotates around is actually your rear shoulder rather than the spine or lead shoulder.

Longer lever = more potential.

I've seen that one, thx. Just wondering if anything had been tweaked or changed in the last 5 years with all the new info available.

Today it wasn't pouring rain and I was able to throw field work. This idea of a stiff, rigid, straight -not curled in- throwing hand has merit. I felt an extra 'wiggle' or 'whip' or whatever, just prior to release. Before, I was curling my wrist in. It's weird because instead of focusing on throwing hard, it's a focus on getting in position. Form. I'm still no big arm, but I was over 385' five times. Had a dozen effortless 360' with TL and Escape. The longer throws were Corvettes and Pharaohs. I really wanted to be over 400, but 396' was my max today. But my shoulder isn't tweaked at all like it had been with strong arm shots.

Your form looks so smooth and effortless. Do you release all your shots on a hyzer because of the lower swing? Or how do you throw flat or anny shots with the low swing?
Thanks!

1. Flat swing plane does not exist. You either flip the shot to fly flat-ish, or flex the shot to fly flat-ish.

2. Changing the flight can be just a matter of changing the disc instead of your swing. You can also change your balance to swing and release on the angle of release you want. You can also give the disc some body english to torque the disc over.

3. When you throw with pro level speed, discs tend to fly different. I also don't throw any high speed overstable discs. I tend to throw stable and understable fairway drivers and beat up discs.

4. I try to avoid big anhyzers and rollers because it's harder on the body IMO and more inconsistent flight pattern. Hyzer form is more natural and ergonomic and consistent working with gravity. I also often throw FH instead of BH on right turning shots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIf_WgB9yRU#t=1m

I've seen that one, thx. Just wondering if anything had been tweaked or changed in the last 5 years with all the new info available.
Mostly just older and fatter. Broke a bunch of ribs and left shoulder in accident few months after this. :\

Today it wasn't pouring rain and I was able to throw field work. This idea of a stiff, rigid, straight -not curled in- throwing hand has merit. I felt an extra 'wiggle' or 'whip' or whatever, just prior to release. Before, I was curling my wrist in. It's weird because instead of focusing on throwing hard, it's a focus on getting in position. Form. I'm still no big arm, but I was over 385' five times. Had a dozen effortless 360' with TL and Escape. The longer throws were Corvettes and Pharaohs. I really wanted to be over 400, but 396' was my max today. But my shoulder isn't tweaked at all like it had been with strong arm shots.
Yeah, when you keep the wrist straight I think it kind of forces you to turn or curl your whole body back against it, instead of just curling the wrist.

Latest posts