• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

“Twitchy” putting styles?

So the stats support my observation, huh?

All I can think is she's trying to "give it time to work," which I kinda get. Just because you change something about your technique doesn't mean it instantly gets better. You gotta put in the work and give it time... so I give her credit for recognizing that.

I just think she's latched onto a technique that won't really pan out, even after she's given it sufficient time.

6th worst on tour in c1x and 3rd worst in c2 putting, I'd say the stats support it alright.

I'm going to see if I can go back and find it, I think it was Ian and Sarah Hokum on CCDG. They made the comment during one of the times Panis was on card that she was actually using the putting style of some well known older pro. I don't remember recognizing the name, but that doesn't really narrow it down.

In any case, earlier in the year she was really rocking back on to her back foot, front toe up, and then rocking forward and it was almost like the putter and arm were just falling from that high set point, and the putter was almost rolling out of her hand. To my eye, it was much different than where she is at right now.

Ron Russell was the anhyzer putter they were talking about. One of the greatest spin putters of all time. See my and Ru4's posts above. It worked for him due to those reasons.

Latest posts