• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

11th HOMIE T oct 6 sat and oct 7 sun !

Why are there people in REC with ratings over 900?

and People in INT. with ratings under 900?

:confused:

In fact, one the day of, they moved all these folks up to INT.

The final Rec division seems to have everyone under 900.

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/97157/158683069

Though maybe note everyone for long - I played with Trevor (who won Rec with a 940 round and a 935 round) in the first round. He was good, but I thought he'd have some competition - but he would have finished in the top 20% in INT.

The red course is so deceptive - so many holes that you _could_ birdie with the right throw. So many holes you can reach.

A fun tournament. Great to have Homie's mom out. Great to have bananas spread around the course for snacks. But, I do wish they'd offered Novice!

I'd forgotten there was a lake over there - as I mentioned, I've not played blue.

Is there much risk of losing a disc?

To answer my own question, there's not too much risk of losing a disc. I saw a couple go in the water on #9, but they're easily reachable.

The biggest risk is number ten, where the lake's just to the right along the hole fairway. But, you can play it as safe as you want to.

The crew at Lemon Lake is old school and don't understand why running MA4 is a good thing. You can always come out to the IOS at Manhattan, IL this weekend. MA4 plays on Saturday.

Huh - I missed that tournament while combing the event list. I'd probably have gone to Lemon anyway (closer, more storied), but definitely would have thought it over. Two tournaments in two weeks is a bit much for my schedule.

But, thanks for pointing it out! The Illinois TD's do seem categorically better about offering MA4.

Though maybe note everyone for long - I played with Trevor (who won Rec with a 940 round and a 935 round) in the first round. He was good, but I thought he'd have some competition - but he would have finished in the top 20% in INT.

Cameron also finished at -7 to tie for first and then he lost in the playoff to Trevor, correct?

3rd place finished at -5 and 4th finished at -4.

I'd say that qualifies as "some competition". :\

the food was soooo good... Fried chicken, mostaccoli, MACNCHEEEEESE!!!, burgers, baked beans, chips/drinks, brats, COOKIES Galore... bananas and water scattered through out the course.

Little things like that make a world of difference in making the tournament Super Amazing!

Thanks again to everyone that made the event possible and all your hard work!!! Can't wait for next year. :)

after thoughts

Food was awesome , Bbq pork , burgers, hot dogs , Sunday they had a pig.

Cameron also finished at -7 to tie for first and then he lost in the playoff to Trevor, correct?

3rd place finished at -5 and 4th finished at -4.

I'd say that qualifies as "some competition". :\

Yeah - fair enough. Not really sure what I was thinking there.

Though those numbers are with a, fairly generous, par of 117 (red + blue, with many but definitely not all baskets in short positions).

I guess I thought I'd see people, even in Rec, breaking 54 on the Red course. Perhaps I don't have enough respect for the trees.

Respect relative to others' abilities that is - I know Red can kick my butt! But, it is tantalizing. So many of the holes seem to have the _potential_ for a birdie...

The lunch was, indeed, lavish. I wish I'd seen that the sauce was separate for the BBQ sandwiches. And, that I'd seen the pig!

I'll admit, though, that I couldn't help but thinking "Huh. T-shirt and lunch for a player's pack. I might have preferred a disc - especially given their nice pro shop..."

The cookies and bananas were, definitely, tops. Though, while I'm being greedy, I'd add coffee or hot chocolate ;)