• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

11x kc roc vs. 12x kc roc vs. wasp

ryang

I am currently using an esp wasp for my overstable mid and was toying around with the idea of changing this up. I never really liked the kc plastic but I am willing to give it another chance. Anyone have any input as far as the differences between the kc roc and a wasp? I'm guessing the wasp will be a little more stable. Also, anyone notice any differences between the 11x roc and the 12x roc?

I can comment on the rocs.

11x- Dimple vs Non Dimple

Dimple tops have a quarter sized dimple on the middle of the flightplate. They are also a stiffer blend. These are the closest replacement to a 10x. Start nice and overstable and break in slowly.

Non Dimple are a softer blend and break in much faster. Start off a little less stable. Very similar to the 12x

12x- Soft vs Stiff

Soft much like non dimple 11x

Stiff- Haven't thrown them yet, but feel really close to the Dimple top 11x

Overall-

The stiffer the more overstable and better.

I have only thrown 1 esp wasp and it was a let down. Not nearly as overstable as I planned. KC rocs much more overstable. it may have been me, but I like the feel of the KCs better.

I have won a couple of stiff 12x KCs and they are not nearly as stable as the wasps I have. I only have a couple of 1st run ESP wasps laying around from when I threw them but they are definitely still more stable than my 12x KCs I've got.

They 11x KCs I have are more stable than the 12x from what I have thrown.

I haven't tried the soft ones so I can't comment on them.

I played in a group of 11 guys the other day. I was the odd man so I got two drives.

The wind was BLASTING.

I threw my drive on #4. I threw high with a Pred and dropped it down hard into the wind down the hill. I had brought two disc to the tee, my Pred and my Z Wasp. One of the guys asked me. "what are you doing? That is your two choices a Pred or a WASP???? I said "yes, I threw the Wasp in the first round it was closer than the Pred, but I wanted to TEST THE PRED into the wind!!!"

I have no experience with the KC Pro Roc, but I do like the Z and ESP Wasp.

I personally love 11x kc rocs but I have seen big variability between different runs of these discs. I have two dimple topped 11x time kc rocs that are obviously different molds with the flashing in two different places. These were the stiffest and the most stable. I found that the non dimpled were not as good. They were more soft like the "no time" rocs and even though they grip better they are less stable.
I have thrown one 12x and it was soft but still almost as stable as the dimple topped 11x.

The best part about kc rocs is that they break in straight and last a long time. You can do the roc rotating thing and they will keep their stability for a while.

Looking through my stash of discs I found a kc pro roc that did not say 9x,10x, 11x, etc. It just says "kc pro roc". Anyone have any info on these. I thought I got it around the time the 11x were out but am not sure.

its called a 0x or no time. its from the stint where climo didn't win the worlds and they made another run. they didn't put anything about the world titles. its between 11x and 12x