• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

12 hour layover in Seattle this Tuesday!

Discette

Independent Operator*
Gold level trusted reviewer
This Tuesday, I have a 12 hour layover in Seattle because I am using my airline miles to fly to Alaska.

Please PM if you are interested in being a disc golf tour guide or chauffeur for any part of the day. Otherwise, feel free to make suggestions for what to do with only one day in Seattle....

Potential Itinerary:
9:00 - 9:15. Pick me up at Seatac airport and drive to Seatac DGC and guide me for a quick 27 holes of disc golf.

11:00 am After the round at Seatac DGC, drive to Lakewood King DGC. Optional: play 20 more holes then drive to nearest light rail station so I can get downtown between 2 - 4 pm.

I pay in cash and/or meals and/or adult beverages and/or adult recreational supplies - your choice!

Optional Local Tour Guide:

After the round at Lakewood King, drive me downtown and drop me off. Optional: park your vehicle downtown (at my expense) and join me for a meal, beverages and sightseeing. I thought I would take a Duck Boat Tour. Mostly because my feet will be super tired after 47 holes of disc golf and this is a land and sea tour. There should be time left to go up in the Space Needle before I catch light rail back to airport by 8:30 pm.

If I can't find a DGCR guide, I will Uber from airpot to SeaTacDGC, then Uber to light rail station or downtown. There probably won't be time to play both courses using public transportation and I want to do some sightseeing on this long layover.

All tourist and disc golf suggestions welcomed.

This Tuesday, I have a 12 hour layover in Seattle because I am using my airline miles to fly to Alaska.

Please PM if you are interested in being a disc golf tour guide or chauffeur for any part of the day. Otherwise, feel free to make suggestions for what to do with only one day in Seattle....

Potential Itinerary:
9:00 - 9:15. Pick me up at Seatac airport and drive to Seatac DGC and guide me for a quick 27 holes of disc golf.

11:00 am After the round at Seatac DGC, drive to Lakewood King DGC. Optional: play 20 more holes then drive to nearest light rail station so I can get downtown between 2 - 4 pm.

I pay in cash and/or meals and/or adult beverages and/or adult recreational supplies - your choice!

Optional Local Tour Guide:

After the round at Lakewood King, drive me downtown and drop me off. Optional: park your vehicle downtown (at my expense) and join me for a meal, beverages and sightseeing. I thought I would take a Duck Boat Tour. Mostly because my feet will be super tired after 47 holes of disc golf and this is a land and sea tour. There should be time left to go up in the Space Needle before I catch light rail back to airport by 8:30 pm.

If I can't find a DGCR guide, I will Uber from airpot to SeaTacDGC, then Uber to light rail station or downtown. There probably won't be time to play both courses using public transportation and I want to do some sightseeing on this long layover.

All tourist and disc golf suggestions welcomed.

Those are the courses I would want to play given the situation. SeaTac can eat up discs, however. Lakewood is much more open, less chance of losing a disc, and plays fairly quickly. If you are playing solo and quickly, Lakewood can be done in 90 minutes or less, with SeaTac taking longer.

Going up the Space Needle is basically an expensive elevator ride, but I can see it being on a list of things to do at least once.

Not sure what your Seattle experience has been, but here's some general tourist info (and I know you said your feet would be tired, but maybe you'll end up stopping at one of these places and feel up for it.)

If on light rail, Westlake Station downtown will be the likely stop. From there it is a ~20 minute walk to Seattle Center (Space Needle, museums) or you can take the monorail from the Westlake Center to Seattle Center (saves a mile walk and about 15 minutes each way.)

Seattle Center: you can get a quick bite at the Armory right in the middle of the area, and other than the Space Needle the museums are the main draw. My favorites are the Chihuly Garden and Glass, the Museum of Pop Culture, and the Pacific Science Center (mostly for the tropical butterfly room, provided you don't mind having tropical butterflies land on you.)

Pike Place: You can also walk a few blocks from Westlake to Pike Place Market, where there is a ton to explore and eat. Watch the fish being tossed, get free samples of tea at Market Spice, free cheese and curds at Beechers, etc. Visit either Pike Brewery or Old Stove Brewing for food and beers, or any of the other options around the market. There's also wine tasting options.

On the walk between Westlake and Pike Place there is Cupcake Royale, some good ice cream and cupcakes to be eaten.

If walking from Westlake to Seattle Center, there are many places to stop in around the route: Yellow Leaf cupcakes, Top Pot doughnuts, or one of the Tom Douglas (famous northwest chef and restaurateur) restaurants like Lola, Dahlia Lounge, Serious Pie, Etta's (in Pike Place.)

In Pike Place, there is the "first Starbucks." It isn't actually the first, but rather the oldest remaining one. The real first one was closed and moved.

The Duck Boat tour is a pretty good way to see a lot and learn a lot, so that's a good idea for some relatively quick/efficient sightseeing without having to walk/drive.

Hope you enjoy your time in Seattle (and Alaska!)