• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Seattle Trip - Sunday Sept. 10th- Wednesday Sept. 13th

94LTICam

Bogey Member
Midwestern here, originally from Kansas, now in Iowa, never been to the Northwest, but have heard a lot of good things about courses up your direction, and have played a lot of great courses already, and would like to add some more to the list.

I'll be in Seattle Sunday, September 10th - Wednesday, September 13th, traveling with the family and we have our days booked up, but I'd like to sneak out every morning around 6am-9am or so and play a course in the morning if I could, if anyone is interested in joining that would be great.

I'll be staying in Silverdale, so I already know there will be a little bit of a drive involved on my end.

From what I've seen on forums, a few of the must gets are Shelton Springs, Lakewood, and SeaTac, are there any others that you would recommend as must plays while in the Seattle area?

Following Seattle, I'll be traveling to Vancouver the 14th and 15th, does anyone have any recommendations for those two mornings of golf?

thanks everyone for the help, please PM me or comment on the post, whichever works for you.

Silverdale puts you very close to 3 nice courses: NAD, Bud Pell, and Fairgrounds. There are some more courses within about a 30 minute drive, but those are what I would consider the best in that area.

The three courses you mentioned are great, but are all about a 60-75 minute drive from Silverdale.

Shelton Springs is about an hour down the road from Silverdale, but is well worth the drive.

SeaTac and Lakewood are very close to each other, and about a 75 minute drive from Silverdale, so if you head to one of them you can try to play the other depending on time. Both are great, though if I had to pick one it would be SeaTac.

You can also drive about an hour to the Tacoma area and play at Fort Steilacoom. There are two 18 hole courses and a 9 hole course. The NW course winds through beautiful forested land with some clearings; a good mix of open fairways and woods. The SE course is more open, but still has trees/mandos to navigate so it isn't just a wide open park. Ray's Nine is in the middle of the two and is a nice choice for a warmup or quick round.

It really depends on how much time you have. From Silverdale a lot of your time will be spent driving around to the Seattle side of the water (the alternative is the hour-long ferry ride from Bremerton to downtown Seattle.) NAD, Bud Pell, and Fairgrounds should be satisfying and would seem to fit your plan of getting out for morning rounds before spending the day with the family. Bud Pell is on private property, however; have never been there before noon so not sure how early they open up.

If you have a whole day to work with, or if you can integrate playing a round into your itinerary, your options open up considerably and you can get to some more courses. But these are already among the best in the area.

Last edited:
If you're staying in Silverdale, you've got 3 above average courses within 10 minutes of there, without the hassle of traffic and travel time. A trip to Seattle or Lakewood for one round at Seatac will set you back about 5 hours of your time, from Silverdale. If you drive, traffic is horrendous weekday mornings, if you take a ferry, it's still a 1 hour ride, each way.(Not including travel time from hotel to ferry and from ferry to course) It may be much more time-consuming than you realize to go over there.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=107

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=7859

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=2566

Shelton is pretty easy to get to from Silverdale, take you about an hour, little traffic, and well worth it. Those Seattle courses you mentioned are great courses, and if your mind is made up to play them I would recommend the Southworth to Fauntleroy ferry as that is the one that will be most direct and avoid the worst traffic. I would get there at least 20-30 minutes early.

I can't commit to anything right now, but if you want to try any of the local options I listed, I would be able to show you around, or do a run down to Shelton. Send me a PM if you like as a reminder when it's a week out or so. I will know by then if I'll be free those dates.

Lakewood & Stillicomb are two great options, but Silverdale is not really close to Seattle and either of those courses. I'm only sorry that you are going to be on the Peninsula although that is a beautiful place to be this time of year!:thmbup:

Midwestern here, originally from Kansas, now in Iowa, never been to the Northwest, but have heard a lot of good things about courses up your direction, and have played a lot of great courses already, and would like to add some more to the list.

I'll be in Seattle Sunday, September 10th - Wednesday, September 13th, traveling with the family and we have our days booked up, but I'd like to sneak out every morning around 6am-9am or so and play a course in the morning if I could, if anyone is interested in joining that would be great.

I'll be staying in Silverdale, so I already know there will be a little bit of a drive involved on my end.

From what I've seen on forums, a few of the must gets are Shelton Springs, Lakewood, and SeaTac, are there any others that you would recommend as must plays while in the Seattle area?

Following Seattle, I'll be traveling to Vancouver the 14th and 15th, does anyone have any recommendations for those two mornings of golf?

thanks everyone for the help, please PM me or comment on the post, whichever works for you.

If you are in Silverdale you have to play Bud Pell, Horseshoe Lake and Fairgrounds for sure.

need to specify vancouver bc or wa.

Latest posts