• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Seattle Trip

brian j

Double Eagle Member
It looks like I need to travel to Seattle this month for 3 days of business and then I may spend a few days with family in Bellingham. What are the "must play" courses in Seattle and along I-5 between Seattle and Bellingham? SeaTac and Tall Firs have the highest ratings.

Sea tac and tall firs are great courses. if you make it to sea tac I would recommend hitting up Lakewood also it's five minutes from SeaTac and also a very fun course.

How far are you willing to drive? North Park is the only course that's actually in Seattle, but not the best experience. SeaTac is a little south of the city but a great course, and if you are down there and 27 holes wasn't enough, Lakewood is only a short drive away. Terrace Creek is nice and relatively close to I-5 north of the city but can be really swampy in parts depending on rain. Tall Firs is great, as mentioned, and costs $5 to play.

SeaTac, Lakewood, and Tall Firs would be my recommendations. If you have an extra day and are willing to drive south, I'd check out Fort Steilacoom (two distinct 18-hole courses and a 9-hole course.)

Last edited:
SeaTac/Lakewood best bang for your buck on a moments notice. Tall Firs is great, but out of the way. Sedro is another great course but out of the way. Be sure to print of a current map for SeaTac/Lakewood as navigation can be a bit of an issue for first timers. Be sure to play them early while there's plenty of light.

I did this trip a few months back.

SeaTac is very fun. Lakewood was fun enough, but navigation is an absolute nightmare. No signs, no real flow...if you don't have a picture of the map or hook with some locals, good luck. Hell, even if you do have a map, good luck.

I thought Terrace Creek was a ton of fun...but take a map there as well. The locals seem to not love it, and I don't understand why. NSRA is pretty fun. Church Creek is a fun little niner. Lake Stevens is fun-ish...and has the most unique baskets you'll ever run across. Cornwall in Bellingham is fun, but disjointed.

The whole region seems to suffer from lack of navigational tools, though. I have reviews up for all of the mentioned courses ( as well as others in that path) if you're interested.

Last edited:
Ooooh and if you want to play something completely interesting and horrible, go play Mineral Springs. It's completely crappy and awesome all at the same time.

I second the SeaTac. I took a bus from downtown Seattle (there's a stop close by) and then took an Uber back. My only regret was that I didn't get there earlier. I would have loved to make it through the course twice. I can't speak to the others people are mentioning, but SeaTac had good golf and was a very nice park for disc golf. I played in late spring, after rain wasn't a big issue. I'm not sure if rain's a problem yet or if SeaTac is particularly affected by "wet."

Another bright idea (and this is totally the course bagger in me). I spent a year living up in Blaine, and my family did a couple nice drives up into BC. Very pretty. It sounds like you'll have a car, so why not drive up to Langley Passive Park just across the border? 20 reviews for a 3.78, and looks worth playing. Google says it's a 45 minute drive from Bellingham, it looks like a nice course way better than the Ferndale/Bellingham offerings, and you'd knock off a new country.

You might need a passport to cross the border, but that would be my play if I were up there.

Personally, I didn't think Lakewood was all that fun of a course. It's pretty open and there were a lot of pedestrians in the way during my visit. If you're worried about navigation, don't be. You can grab a map at the disc golf store on site.

Pretty sure to can leave for free, but a passport or enhanced DL will be required to return to the US. ;)

You need a passport in both directions. It's actually far less of a hassle getting back into the US than it is to get into Canada.