• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] 12x teebird sweetness!!!!

discanova

The 12x teebirds have felt thin and crappy to me lately. They tend to be way understable compared to my treasured 11x and the plastic didn't hold up as well. 3 days ago I bought a 12x teebird again and I swear, if it wasn't for the stamp the disc would be an 11x. The plastic is beefy and not slippery. the flight plate is thicker and the disc flies like my 11x did when it was new. The plastic is even pearly. Has any one else run it to a similar situation with the 12x?

yep ive got probably 10 champ teebirds and the ones that they have been coming out with in the last couple of months have been flat stiff and overstable.

+1 to innova

yep ive got probably 10 champ teebirds and the ones that they have been coming out with in the last couple of months have been flat stiff and overstable.

+1 to innova

The local shop had 5 in stock and only one was like this. If this is how the new run is, then Innova deserves the :thmbup:

Nice! That's good to hear. I like my totem, but its too heavy for me. That's the flattest TB I have too. My new star and 8 month old champ are both pretty domey and not stable enough.

I take it these are not the 12x domey ones. Been sticking to star ones lately since I could find good champ ones.

I bought a champion plus mold a few months ago and seems to be really stable. Is the flight path alot different from these compared to the 12x ones??

Yes!

I'm a diehard fanboy of MVP, but this new run of teebirds has given me hope that Innova is back to some quality champ plastic. I throw just about every MVP disc right now, but these teebirds are really digging into some of my volt/shock throws. Even the Roc3 is digging into some of my axis throws. The grip on the new champ plastic "Jolly Launcer" discs are pretty money. Lighter weights seem to be really glidey too, which is something that has really impressed me, and something that I have really missed from Innova. Hunter orange, loving it.

+1 Innova.

Know of any vendors who has these newer runs in stock?
Except the factory store....paying $23-24 shipped for a champion teebird hardly makes sense to me.

Mike at Sunking discs in fl might have them. I would call them before you order it and have them pick one out of their stock so that way you don't get the old plastic.

I got a champ 12x at a tournament on saturday, it finishes straighter with less fade than my star TB.

I was at GGGT today and there were some champ discs, eagles and teebirds for certain that the blend was opaque and grippy. Nothing like champ I've seen in the past. I would've picked up the Teebird cause it was so nice and I don't even throw them anymore, but it was too heavy at 175.

The 12x teebirds have felt thin and crappy to me lately. They tend to be way understable compared to my treasured 11x and the plastic didn't hold up as well. 3 days ago I bought a 12x teebird again and I swear, if it wasn't for the stamp the disc would be an 11x. The plastic is beefy and not slippery. the flight plate is thicker and the disc flies like my 11x did when it was new. The plastic is even pearly. Has any one else run it to a similar situation with the 12x?

Pics or fartless

Never tried an 11x, but i picked up a champ ,12x a couple of years ago because so many folks seemed to love t-birds... and I liked the dye. Trouble is it flies great. I absolutely love it, but its tie dyed, red yellow and mostly green. It can be a serious bitch to find even on a mowed lawn. I've gotten others but they just dont work the same. Oh well. Haven't lost it yet but i have to swap out for my Volt or Undertow when the grass gets tall. Hot pink>green 'rasta' tie dye, no matter how well it works.

Latest posts