• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

13 disc bag limit...

Distance Drivers
Innova Katana
Discmania PD
Discmania TD
Discmania TD2

Fairway Drivers

Innova Leopard
Latitude 64 Trident
Innova Viper

Midrange
Discraft Wasp
Discraft Comet
Discraft Stratus

Putters
Latitude 64 Pure
Discraft Zone
Innova Wedge

That's pretty much my bag with multiple plastics being used

This is why we have hundreds of thousands of laws in the United States.
We've all gone collectively nuts. Instead of not caring at all about what someone else does, the fact that it has no bearing on you, your life, or your game in this case, people instead sit around all the time thinking "How can we make everyone more alike, instead of celebrating our differences. How can we force them to do whatever it is that we KNOW it is right for them to do because left alone they don't know any better?" (of course with politics and bureaucracies, they get to have the cake and eat it too, because they don't want those same rules to apply to them..)
THERE DOES NOT NEED TO BE A RULE FOR EVERYTHING.
We're screwed.. Not only are we living in a world where ignorance is no excuse and even top lawyers can't know even a fraction of the law outside their specialty, we live in a world where the entire rules mentality is not only accepted, it's taken for granted as the natural order of things.
(not picking on the OP other then in the fashion of pointing out that most people deep down have at least a touch of this problem.. and it's been getting humanity into trouble for thousands of years.)
Try approaching it from a different direction.. Isn't it instead great that disc golf is in many ways unique compared to other sports? Isn't it instead great that that guy with 40 discs is going to be dead tired after one round while you're all spry and raring to go for the second round because you like to pack light?
Let's ban raingear too, unless you brought enough for everyone.. because otherwise, that would be unfair. Trophies for just showing up will soon follow.

(Not to be confused with "What if" threads, of the standard:
"What if you could only carry x discs.. etc." Those can be fun.)

Sigh.. this is why I stopped reading dgcr. It get's so difficult not to be disheartened and sarcastic. After rereading the OP's theory of economics on how disc manufacturers should be supportive of policies that would cut their sales I should have just :doh: and :wall: and called it a night.

1 wizard putter
2 wizard driver 1
3 wizard driver 2
4 Rhyno
5 Roc
6 Roc
7 Roc
8 FD
9 FD
10 PD
11 PD
12 Firebird
13 D1

if necessary, i could just putt with one of my driving wizards and add in a D3, but probably wouldn't

1. KC Pro Roc
2. Mako3
3. M4
4. M3
5. Roc3
6. Amp
7. TL
8. Eagle
9. Sidewinder
10. Beast
11. D1
12. D4
13. Westside Giant

Try and find a pro who has less than 20 discs in their bag. I could see limiting molds, but limiting amount of discs is asanine. Sure on smaller courses you can get away with 5-6, but I carry 3 putters and 5 midranges.. That's 8 discs already, put in 3 fairways and 3 drivers to cover the different stablities and I couldn't bag any backups. I think a more logical way of doing it would limit it to 10 molds.

My bag.
3 ions
3 axis
1 vector
1 glow gator
2 TLs
2 Teebirds
1 firebird
2 volts
3 katanas
1 destroyer
1 pro boss

I could cut 2 katanas, the destroyer, and the volts and have a minimalist bag, but limiting discs would probably make me drop the amount of putters I carry... And that's not cool.

Ball golf has club limits and it does not cut into their sales at all. In fact it breeds more competition to have better equipment since there is limited space in the bag. Competition supports innovation. Like I said I am not against unlimited all you can carry bring a golf cart with you 100 disc bag monstrosities, I am simply saying that at some point most of us are limited by what we can carry due to physical disc bag size so we have to choose what we take with us. I was simply arbitrarily choosing 13 since most average bags fit about 13 discs.
But if disc golf wants to become an ESPN, Olympic, wheaties sport then I think there has to at some point be a limit for serious tourney play. Sure 13 might not be enough but sure some one dragging a rikshaw full of 300 discs would be too much. Sports teams have limits on the number of players they can have not for economic reasons but to balance competition.
Like I said we all do it whether we realize it or not when we pack our bag, damn I can squeeze in one more disc... Which one? That's all this was meant to do, theoretical, but in reality practical.

Also this is not an attempt to Obamaize disc golf, but it is a game, and games have rules. Discs can only be so big in diameter, rims only so wide, discs only so heavy. There are rules. Yes there should be very few laws in the real world, basically do whatever you want as long as what you are doing does not effect other people. Your freedom to stops right at the door of my freedom from. But this is a game! I'm sure these same arguments went on when people limited the number of ball golf clubs. I guess the better question is, what is a reasonable limit then? 20? Because I guarantee there will be a limit for tourney play at some point. It's a matter of when and how many.

If I was basing it on my last round it should just be 13 Comets and call it a day :)

Fairways:
DX Leopard
Star Leopard
2 Pro Leopards

Mids:
X Buzzz
Z Buzzz
Ti Buzzz
Flying Squirrel
X Comet
DX Shark

Putters:
2x Whatever I am using at that point. Classic Judges, Eraser Wizard, Neutron Ion, Ringer, Pure...I haven't decided and have more stuff to try yet :)
1 SSSS or RFF Wizard for a shot that must stay at the basket (Soft Magnet right now I guess)

I don't own the floppy Wizard yet, so for now my Soft Magnet would probably have to fill in. This could shift in the near future as I need to try the Ringer and Pure out and the River, Tursas, Underworld, Fuse and Warship are all on my list too.

I carry...

SSS Wizard X's 2
Champ Rhyno
Champ Cobra
Neutron Tangent
Star Roc+
Opto Saint x's 2
Champ Mamba x's 2
Champ Archon x's 2

Plus a few others I'm trying out, or cheap disc like a JLS. So I have 12 main discs in 8 different molds.

The problem you run into in disc golf is that backups are very important. In ball golf you're not going to lose your club. In disc golf you can lose your disc, so you need to cover yourself on your major throwers.

However, differently seasoned discs of the same mold can take very different lines. So giving someone room for backups can give them discs that do different things.

I get the idea for a disc limit, but I don't know that it's that big of a deal.

1.ss wizard (putting)
2. SS or Evo wizard (drives/ approach)
3. ss magic
4. bio suspect
5. 400 M4
6. z buzzz
7. S FD
8. Icon Rival
9. Sparkle Rival
10. Opto XXX
11. GL XXX
12. Champ tern
13. 400g D1

Zero Pure
Opto Pure
Zero Sinus
Super Singray
VIP Warship
Opto Pain
Opto Diamond
TP Underworld
TP Stag
Opto XXX
Blizzard Katana
GL Halo
Opto Villain

Soft Magic
Medium Wizard

Comet
ESP Meteor
Z Buzzz
Z Buzzz
Roc3

Champion Leopard
Star Teebird
Champion Eagle X

Star Wraith (seasoned)
Star Wraith
C-PD2

The difference of course, is that in ball golf you are not limited in the number of balls you can carry.

Not exactly true. In PGA events they have "The 1 Ball Rule". Basically players have to use the same type of ball for the entire round. Additionally, they must hole out using the same ball they teed off with.

Latest posts