• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

16th ND State Championships - A Tier - Sept 4-6th

DNodland

Update and Schedule:

Course is in great shape - prelude to state championship layouts during Badlands Open on July 11-12th. A couple of new tees going in for states (on #4 and #15) - yes - because I know everyone thought those two holes were too easy :). And at least 2 or 3 new pin positions to keep things interesting. For those of you who have played here before, this will be our most challenging and comprehensive layout ever. Full caddy book will be posted online by the end of July detailing all 3 round layouts. For those of you looking for a challenge, this course is generally tougher than the USDGC course typically used at Rock Hill, but also fair, and places premium on shot accuracy and shot making ability.

1st 50 to register will receive players package worth in excess of $100, the rest will have to "settle" for about $75 worth of goodies). There are also limited # of primitive camping sites available adjacent to the course for tenting on a first come first serve basis. Need to text or call to reserve spot (will post hotel info shortly). (701) 290-8893.

Schedule (subject to change depending on individual division turnout)

Sunday August 30 - Thursday Sept 3rd: Course available for practice in full tourney layout (yes with the 5000' of yellow rope :)

THURSDAY September 3rd:
10:00 AM:. - 8:00 P.M. Pre-tourney check in and pick up players packages.
4:00 PM: Random draw doubles on R1 layout. $10 per person. $200 cash added to doubles purse.

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 4th:
8:00 - 9:30 A.M. Late check in and pick up players packages.

9:30 A.M. Players meeting for morning round divisions (Group A).
10:00 A.M. R1 (Group A) Tees off - shotgun start. Pro Men, Pro Women, and Men's Master Divisions.

12:00-1:30: Group B - late check in and pick up players packs.
1:30 P.M. R1 (Group B) Players Meeting.
2:00 P.M. R1 (Group B) Tees off - shotgun start. All other Groups (Women's Masters and above, Men's Grandmasters and above, all Advanced Divisions).

Lunch provided from 12:00-2:30.

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 5th:
8:45 AM: Group B - Players Meeting.
9:00 AM: Group B - Shotgun Start to R2

1:45 PM: Group A - Players Meeting
2:00 PM: Group A - Shotgun Start to R2

Lunch provided from 12:00-2:00.
Saturday Night - Players party - TBD.
Sunday Tee Times posted.

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 6th:
Tee times will be posted approximately 2 hours after completion of all R2 play.
8:30 AM - Round 3 - Assigned tee times for all groups starts.
All groups will start on hole 1. Groups will go out every 10 minutes until all groups out.

Awards ceremony to begin approximately 30 minutes after all cards are turned in.
Lunch provided from 11:30 to 1 hour after completion of play.

Will be there Daryl! THANKS for all your setup work this last weekend, sorry I couldn't make it there with Pat. Looking forward to another challenging tourney, and highly encourage DGer's to make this tourney. Daryl isn't kidding when he says its comparably tougher than the USDGC layout. Actually any chance you can play one of his tourneys...DO IT, i've constantly been reminded of how much i've grown and where i'm lacking in skills with his layouts.

Update with travel / visitor information:

Link to city of Dickinson information:
http://www.visitdickinson.com/visitors/

City Map and hotel locations attached: With energy industry slowdown, much more hotel availability than the past few years.

Easiest way to get to the course is take the west exit of I-94 to Dickinson (Exit 59). See the green line on map.

Attachments

• Dickinson Map - Patterson Lake DGC.jpg
    Dickinson Map - Patterson Lake DGC.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 16

This is an AWESOME flythrough of the course in a previous year's layout, including yellow rope.

Last edited:
Course is being flown again tomorrow night by Joey with Flight Pros - should have some good video again showing close to this years state's layout.

Well.. I am speechless. This course looks..well I don't know what to say.

Amazing.. I don't know. Super long.. Water. No stupid crazy hills to climb up and down.

Damn why am I so far from North Dakota?

If for some reason I am traveling through the state is this bad boy permanent?

I'm going to say it yeah.. This course could contend with USDGC Rock Hill. Ok I said it..

Well.. I am speechless. This course looks..well I don't know what to say.

Amazing.. I don't know. Super long.. Water. No stupid crazy hills to climb up and down.

Damn why am I so far from North Dakota?

If for some reason I am traveling through the state is this bad boy permanent?

I'm going to say it yeah.. This course could contend with USDGC Rock Hill. Ok I said it..

Yes, it's permanent!

I wish I was leaving tonight. No in all seriousness it would be nice to head north and catch a break from the heat and swampy air were experiencing down in the lower Midwest.

The last time I drove that area of the country I think it was a good fifteen plus hours from my door step.

I believe it was on way to Montana which is another good fifteen hours.

Depending on how i'm playing over the weekend I'll try to get some footage of the final round action...won't be live coverage unless its the top card and full round I can cover (meaning i'm nowhere close to top of my division and finish my round in time). I'd use Livestream and post the link or my profile here so you can watch, along with the appropriate time.

Final scores are up at pdga.com. 3 players under par. Going to have to toughen up the course.

Thank you to everyone who came out to play the tournament – I hope all of you had a good time on a very tough challenge. Also want to say thanks again to all the sponsors and all of you that helped out getting the course ready – you know who you are. It is much appreciated.

It appears that yesterday's round may well rank up there (based on unofficial ratings) as one of the most challenging layouts ever played in a PDGA event (on an 18 hole course). Of course the wind may have helped push us there. But that is pretty typical to see wind that strong out here as many of you who have played here multiple times already know.

Great job to the champions:

Open:
Peter McBride – shot almost 1050 rated golf to take home the title by 8 strokes over Christian Dietrich. Very likely the best back to back 3 rounds ever put together on this course.

Masters:
Layne Jenkins – you are making quite the habit of racking up Masters titles – great job, and I appreciate your comments at the awards ceremony – something I have felt for years about the evolution of this game, nice to hear someone else say it.

Advanced Masters:
Jeremy Dohrmann – once again a great solid performance and held off some good competition. He probably has enough baskets by now to build his own course. 

Advanced:
Erik Davison: Great Job as well. He smoked the field that last round and was well deserving of the title. Tied for the 2nd best round overall on the day. He shot 7 strokes better than anyone else in Advanced Group that last round – That is how you take home the title. Very well done.

Until next time.....

Darrell

Bah, it must have reverted when I got an error message. Should be fixed now.

The course was in prime shape and many thanks to the guys that put it on! Such a tough course, but I know what shots I have to work on and that course management is something I need to focus on much more. Seriously took a 10 and a few 9's, but OB and missed shots will do that to a score. Oh well, another ND States in the books...

Latest posts