• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] 1st Run Boss vs. Drivers of The World

Amadeus

Banned
I've thrown a lot of drivers. I tell you, none of the high speed drivers compare to a first run Boss. These things are money if there ever was a money "high speed" driver IMO. Now, I"ve owned 3 bosses (slightly gummy star) that ended up being just as good as the first runs, but they were the exception. I wonder why Innova decided to make the bosses "Completely" different after the 1st runs....the 1st runs are overstable, but also have INSANE GLIDE!!!!! 80% of the bosses produced after the 1st runs have horrible glide... I guess we will be left to buying these first runs at high prices. IMO, the first runs are better than destroyers, nukes, and anything else in the high speed market.

I have an early Opto Halo that is pretty flat, and it works well for me. But I have 3 other discs that are as good for me.

The first run Champ Bosses are awesome. The first year (give or take a little) of regular production mold Champ Bosses flew like first runs also. The current production of Champ Bosses is more stable than the first runs. The XG's are real close to flying like first runs; less stable than current Champ, but a bit more stable than the first run. Not a bad substitute though.

When the mold changed and they became more stable I stocked up on the ones that fly like first runs. I have yet to find anything better for me, I can put just a touch of hyzer on them and they flip flat and make a nice S curve. I love 'em!

i've seen some orange first runs that had some weird looking stretch marks in the plastic. i've also seen orange stock stamps with those same stretch marks.

i could be mistake but when the stock stamped champ bosses came out they didn't have flight numbers on them did they?

Ordered a Rampage...pretty anxious to get it in the mail.

On the 1st Run Bosses...the things are like the Hammer of Thor...forged in the hearts of dying stars...the things are frickin immortal. Mine hasn't changed one bit since the beginning. Some seriously exotic plastic they used making the d*mn things.