• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Selling] 2 BRAND NEW PORTABLE BASKETS Discraft Chainstar & Innova Discatcher Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Disc Golf Guy

Bogey Member
I have 2 brand new in box, portable baskets for sale and I'd love to get them out of my storage area.

Shipping costs vary depending on how far they need to go but if they sell within 30 minutes of Milwaukee, I'll deliver one (or both) free of any shipping or delivery charge!

Discraft Portable Chainstar - $325
400324_10150474698622717_214806427716_8723069_998242942_n.jpghttp:

Innova Portable Discatcher Sport - $180
403845_10150474698672717_214806427716_8723070_711494796_n.jpghttp:

Or - $475 for the pair! Boom!

Should I at least price out the shipping cost on shipping it to you? Maybe I could help with a little bit of the shipping. It's too bad you're that far away because I'm guessing the shipping will run about $50.

That's a sick price on a chainstar, wish I was in the WI area still

East Coast Visit

Absolutely.

However, this year we are changing things up a bit and we are NOT doing the Tyler Too on Sunday. Instead we are testing out a new model but hosting JUST the Philly Open but splitting up the days so we can accommodate for more people. That means ALL Professionals plus Adv Men are playing Saturday and then everyone else plays Sunday.

If you are interested in a basket I would be willing to BRING ONE ALONG and save you on most of the shipping costs. Is this something you're serious about doing because I'd love to do it if so.

Terry

are you running any tourneys on the east coast this year?

i already have a basket. i was just curious about what events you were running. i'm planning on doing both events again this year, fortunately adv. will be on saturday so i can make it happen. looking forward to it!

Kyle,

Please don't bother posting here if you are going to waste my time and everyone else's.

Clearly with posted prices of $325 and $180 (or the amazing combined price of $475 for the pair) I won't be letting them both go for $350 as you eluded to here in this thread. In fact, this thread may get updated soon enough as it looks like we have a likely buyer for the Chainstar. Then again, maybe I won't bother taking that off as I actually have more than one brand new Chainstar anyway.

You drive the 40 miles round trip to pick them up and they are yours for $470.

T-Dogg,

If you'll let the pair go for that, we can meet up friday after I get paid.

Kyle,

Please don't bother posting here if you are going to waste my time and everyone else's.

Clearly with posted prices of $325 and $180 (or the amazing combined price of $475 for the pair) I won't be letting them both go for $350 as you eluded to here in this thread. In fact, this thread may get updated soon enough as it looks like we have a likely buyer for the Chainstar. Then again, maybe I won't bother taking that off as I actually have more than one brand new Chainstar anyway.

You drive the 40 miles round trip to pick them up and they are yours for $470.

Good luck on the sale :thmbup:

Sorry to waste your time but why would anyone pay five dollars more AND pay a shipping charge for the sport from some dude with 9 posts and zero feedback?

Sorry to waste your time but why would anyone pay five dollars more AND pay a shipping charge for the sport from some dude with 9 posts and zero feedback?

If you wanted to get a product off the internet you'd have to pay shipping. 5 dollars more as in...every store online sells them for 175? That's before tax, handling and shipping. So really, this is a great deal. And he's obviously new to the site with only 9 posts, but being the Wisconsin State Coordinator, as well as an Ambassador for Innova...I don't think he's going to rip you off. And check the rules...."2) If a thread doesn't interest you, please move along. There is no need to post in the thread letting us know you think it's stupid."

If you wanted to get a product off the internet you'd have to pay shipping. 5 dollars more as in...every store online sells them for 175? That's before tax, handling and shipping. So really, this is a great deal. And he's obviously new to the site with only 9 posts, but being the Wisconsin State Coordinator, as well as an Ambassador for Innova...I don't think he's going to rip you off. And check the rules...."2) If a thread doesn't interest you, please move along. There is no need to post in the thread letting us know you think it's stupid."

You used the term stupid, not me...I would not waste my own time if I was not intersted in buying one of the OP's baskets. I have been looking at the Sport for a couple of months now and have not pulled the trigger. The last time I saw one on here the price was 160 and free shipping. So I question the "great deal" termanology. I asked a fair and simple question. I am not going to link the "deal" I mentioned but I am pretty sure it's a sponser of this site, that is all.

Getting this thread back on track ...

You're absolutely right Van1 - if people scoured the internet looking around you probably could find a better price on the internet for a Discatcher Sport. Someone could also make the same argument that you can buy nearly every item you use daily at Wal-Mart but some people don't shop there simply on principal alone.

I also have a slightly different mentality in that:

1) I'm not ever trying to be the low-cost leader. The @ss clowns in our sport that have no competitive advantage come into our sport thinking, "Hey, I'll order a bunch of discs and equipment and just undercut everyone else out there and make up money in volume vs price." Well, I've seen literally dozens of those companies come and go and they will continue to do that forever. If someone gets a good deal from one of those a.c. then good for them. I don't ever attempt to be the cheapest guy out there because I believe that business model sucks.

2) I'm also not desperate to sell these like some others might be. They are not blocking the door way into my bedroom, they are not bad or defective or slightly used, nor do I need the money so I can make a mortgage payment this month. Many people that sell stuff super cheap fit into one of those categories. If they sell, great. If they don't, I can hold onto them until they do.

3) As Kyle pointed out, I'm new to posting here but as my profile states, I've been playing for nearly 20 years (and I'm just 33 right now). I've had my own disc golf business for the past 8 and I'm a member of the Innova Ambassador Team as well as an EDGE Award winner. None of those things are a safety net saying that I couldn't be out for bad business or to rip you off however, I'm a little too active in the sport to even think about performing bad business practices. My eBay profile will show that I do have 1306 feedbacks with ZERO LIFETIME negative remarks. I wish the other 1000 people I've sold to would have actually given feedback but I digress.

So please don't take this as a tit for tat or a flame back - I just wanted to address your concerns and share a little back story. I'm a good person and a good business man and if you'd like great customer service for a perfectly in tact basket (or anything else dg related), I'm your guy. If I'm outta your price range - no offense taken there either.

I will say this - order more than just a basket and I'm sure we can work out a deal price!

Terry aka discgolfguy is good guy.

Terry, if you are heading to the memorial this year and can bring the chainstar, Id prolly take it - cash money. Ill be spectating on Saturday.

Terry aka discgolfguy is good guy.

Ditto. I will also vouch for him here even though he probably does not remember meeting me a couple years ago at Dretzka in Milwaukee.

I am a big fan of a course Terry designed and installed up in Cheesheadland. Grey Fox DGC. As much as it pains me to say it, this is THE best course within a 30 minute drive from my house.

My only complaint is that this course is NOT in my backyard, on the proper side of the border. :p

By the way, I would love to buy this basket today. Unfortunately, my pregnant wife has been watching our $$$ very carefully the last few months. If we get a good tax return, I will find a way!

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I really feel bad that I seemed so defensive when that wasn't really my intent. However, as Mike Barnett recently somewhat vented on another thread - the disc golf promoter / ambassador / vendor life isn't all First Run Bosses and USDGC Rocs. There's lots of real work, real hours, real sacrifice, and lots of second guessing from all angles.

Ryan - I will NOT be driving to the Memorial this year which means I will not be able to pack along that Chainstar. Then again, bags do fly free on Southwest:D Too bad I'll be bringing far too much Skyline stuff and won't have any room.

Jason - just from your login I don't recall meeting you but thanks again for the kind words of both me and the course! Some big events and great things in store for the Grey Fox Course this year (including a women's only event and 2 other Skyline based events).

So who wants to buy these baskets?

Ditto. I will also vouch for him here even though he probably does not remember meeting me a couple years ago at Dretzka in Milwaukee.

I am a big fan of a course Terry designed and installed up in Cheesheadland. Grey Fox DGC. As much as it pains me to say it, this is THE best course within a 30 minute drive from my house.

My only complaint is that this course is NOT in my backyard, on the proper side of the border. :p

Getting this thread back on track ...

You're absolutely right Van1 - if people scoured the internet looking around you probably could find a better price on the internet for a Discatcher Sport. Someone could also make the same argument that you can buy nearly every item you use daily at Wal-Mart but some people don't shop there simply on principal alone.

I also have a slightly different mentality in that:

1) I'm not ever trying to be the low-cost leader. The @ss clowns in our sport that have no competitive advantage come into our sport thinking, "Hey, I'll order a bunch of discs and equipment and just undercut everyone else out there and make up money in volume vs price." Well, I've seen literally dozens of those companies come and go and they will continue to do that forever. If someone gets a good deal from one of those a.c. then good for them. I don't ever attempt to be the cheapest guy out there because I believe that business model sucks.

2) I'm also not desperate to sell these like some others might be. They are not blocking the door way into my bedroom, they are not bad or defective or slightly used, nor do I need the money so I can make a mortgage payment this month. Many people that sell stuff super cheap fit into one of those categories. If they sell, great. If they don't, I can hold onto them until they do.

3) As Kyle pointed out, I'm new to posting here but as my profile states, I've been playing for nearly 20 years (and I'm just 33 right now). I've had my own disc golf business for the past 8 and I'm a member of the Innova Ambassador Team as well as an EDGE Award winner. None of those things are a safety net saying that I couldn't be out for bad business or to rip you off however, I'm a little too active in the sport to even think about performing bad business practices. My eBay profile will show that I do have 1306 feedbacks with ZERO LIFETIME negative remarks. I wish the other 1000 people I've sold to would have actually given feedback but I digress.

So please don't take this as a tit for tat or a flame back - I just wanted to address your concerns and share a little back story. I'm a good person and a good business man and if you'd like great customer service for a perfectly in tact basket (or anything else dg related), I'm your guy. If I'm outta your price range - no offense taken there either.

I will say this - order more than just a basket and I'm sure we can work out a deal price!

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question...more than fair answer! When I don't know something I am never scared to ask questions and learn something. Like I said before, I plan on buying a basket and like you am not desperate. When I was looking before I kept in mind the "going rates"...Thanks again for the time and info...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts