• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2 weeks in, completely hooked.

I started playing 2 weeks ago at a local park, using a frisbee lol on a very short course and I was immediately drawn to the action. So I ordered a starter pack of discs and moved on to a bigger course when they arrived.

Since then I've played every day, often multiple rounds, ordered more discs and have watched countless hours of youtube videos. Today it started to click for me. I claimed my 1st 2 eagles on 2 different par 4's (in different rounds) and went on to shoot -7 & -5 on a 10 hole course. I also threw my 2 longest drives ~375' with my innova daedalus. I know those aren't super numbers, but for me they were a break through and have only increased my love of disc golf. I CAN'T GET ENOUGH!!

Thank you txmxer! I'm in this new adventure with a friend of mine, so both being new and only having played rounds together, it's hard to know how we're progressing. He shot -2 & E today and we're throwing so much better.

We're heading out on the road for some business in a few weeks and are going to hit as many courses as we can!

Hi, JD. Glad you're having fun. I started playing last spring and now I have 40 discs and a practice basket. Must be doing something right 'cause I got a forehand ace the other day.

Mr.Big.Shot,

Congratulations! No aces here yet, but my practice bucket is definitely growing! I'm a mostly forehand dominant player at this point having been a QB and SS in my younger years. That throw seems to come naturally.... my backhand, not so much :).

Nice, I am just on my first week and I just ordered a starter pack of discs, hope it will arrive tomorrow.

Concinnity,

What set did you pick up?

And... welcome to the game, seems like a lot of us newer players. This is great.

Latest posts