• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 recap

Pizza God

Eagle Member
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I posted this on Facebook a couple of days ago, thought I would repost it here.

2023 recap
37 disc golf trips
37,922 miles
301 different courses (300 new to me)
8931 different holes played
13 States (2 new to me)
MN - 1
SD - 2
IA - 3
TN - 7
AR - 9
NV - 9
LA - 11
NE - 15
OK - 19
MS - 23
TX - 25
MO - 31
KS - 146
4 aces in 3 states (2 in Kansas)
What a year it's been. The ONLY course I played that I had played before was Shawnee in Plano TX. I had some free time and just played a quick round.

And to be totally fair, I drove 200 miles in Las Vegas to play those 9 courses over a couple of days.

I did take a 2 day trip up to South Dakota that was part mini vacation, part disc golf day. I played in 2 new states and added 9 courses to my list on that quick trip.

I also did a disc golf day in TN, but played a round on the way up and another on the way back.

There was only one other trip that was over a day, that was a 2 day disc golf trip I took hitting 17 courses in Kansas and Nebraska.

2 of the courses I played were temp courses set up for tournaments. (Breckenridge - Richardson TX and River Bottom - Shelbyville TN)

3 of the courses I played were redesigns of old courses I had played before. (Iron Spike - Palestine TX, ASU Mid-South - West Memphis AR, and technically Breckenridge - Richardson TX)

I did hit a deer on April 13th that totaled my Ford Focus, that was an adventured in itself.

Have put over 30K miles on my Nissan Kicks in the last 8 months.

I camped one night for the first time in about 15 years on that KS/NB trip.

Played course 1500 - Eagle Crossing - Hawk Point MO
Course 1600 - Harmony Bends - Columbia MO
Course 1700 - Spoon Creek - Olathe KS

As far as 2024, we will see, it will not be as crazy as 2023. I do plan on hitting some more next week if I can.