• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2009 Ace Race Disc

Again with the threadjacking but is there anyway I could buy the ace race package for $25? We don't have an ace race in Bowling Green and I would like to throw em

Call disc n' dat in NKY there was some talk that they would have the package for sale at that price.

Just got my personal best at my home course using the Focus. Wish I had it in max weight though. not all that crazy about a 168 putter but it got the job done

If anyone is interested I have 2 ace race discs, one premium, one grippy. Both have my name and # on them. Pm me if you want to make an offer.

I made two aces in the Ace Race forehanding my Pro-D "Focus." I didn't like it in ESP much, but I'm keeping it in my bag as a possible alternate to my Cro for right-to-left upshots, and I'm planning to work the Pro-D one into my game as a forehand upshot disc. In this role it's somewhat straighter than my DX Roc, and it floats more. If nothing else, the D Focus will work as a backup putter to my new and already dearly beloved Voodoo. For me the most important thing about a putter is that the rim yields a clean and consistent release, and so far the Pro-D Focus has done that for me.

does anyone know the flight characteristics of the focus?

does anyone know the flight characteristics of the focus?

It doesn't seem to be published on Discraft's website, and I'd be surprised if it is before November 2, after all the Ace Races are finished. However, somebody who has thrown theirs a lot might be able to hazard a guess. My estimate might be somewhere between 1.0-1.5 stability, very slow, with a lot of glide. It does seem to be extremely spin-sensitive, as others have posted.

they should be rated the same as a wizard, they are twins for the most part
as a driver they are pretty darn stable, hard to turn one over thats not beat
but as a putter i find that they are pretty straight, wind resistant, with predictable fade if lofted
numbers? i could only guess

they should be rated the same as a wizard, they are twins for the most part
as a driver they are pretty darn stable, hard to turn one over thats not beat
but as a putter i find that they are pretty straight, wind resistant, with predictable fade if lofted
numbers? i could only guess

I would disagree. I found mine very flippy, and I couldn't do much but turn it over. The Wizard has quite a bit more fade.

ive never used a wizard a full round, but as far as the focus goes, i love it...here in texas we went through a reall rainy/windy week a couple weeks ago and my x putt'r just doesnt work that well in the wind, and ever since that week my pro d focus has been on trial as my "go-to" putter and so far its workin out for me...its wierd though, i love my pro-d but hate my esp(so damn flippy!!) but then again, it is 10g lighter, that might have something to do with it...but i've always loved the feel of pro/pro-d putters

I don't think I found one person at the ace race that said they were gong to keep this disc in their bag.

The pro d one found it's way into my bag, I really liked it for long approaches, it seems to hold lines really well for me.