• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2009 Ace Race Disc

Camgolfer

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Discraft just announced the 2009 Ace Race disc is called the Focus (aka Wizard).

Saw on their website that it is PDGA approved now too. Good to hear this disc is a go, I really like it for approach shots.

Too bad its now that name of a crappy car. No offense to Ford Focus owners. Just one more to add to the car-disc collection.

Discraft doesn't name their discs very well...whoever they have as head of their marketing/corporate branding area should be fired immediately. I'm serious...the Force is cool, if you're a Star Wars dork.
Surge - sucks (as a name, not as a disc)
Buzzz - Sucks...why so many Z's. Is it really that much of a hip-hop world?
Stalker - Do I even need to touch that one?
XL - I'm sorry, is that extra large...is this disc supposed to be bigger or something?
XS - Is this just really small, like for a child??
Nebula, Comet, Meteor....ok enough with the space objects
Drone, Breeze and Torque - none of these even make sense to me....
Eclipse?
Stratus??
Xpress seems a little Xtreme...I head there was going to be a nice Xhibit at the museum this weekend...

Agreed that discraft needs better marketing, but I'll take their silly names over innova's crap quality control any day of the week.

A guy I played with today seemed high on it. I should have checked it out before I left... i got to say the logo is cool.

Too bad its now that name of a crappy car. No offense to Ford Focus owners. Just one more to add to the car-disc collection.

The one I had as a rental for a week wasn't as bad as many competitors out there (Cavalier, Neon/Caliber, Rio, Elantra, Sentra). The SVT is a diamond in the rough, too. The next generation should even be a better car than the Mazda 3 (which is based off the European Focus and one of the most fun budget-priced cars to drive) as long as the bean counters don't ruin it like they did with what we get.

I'm not saying they're the greatest ever, but I wouldn't mind a ZX3 with a 5-speed. You'd have to have a suitcase full of C-notes in the passenger seat to get me to get rid of my Mini for it though.

I think a Ford Focus has better glide though. POS disc.

THIS JUST IN: 2010 Ace Race disc will be called the Fiesta.

Yea I felt the putter for the first time this past weekend, havn't thrown it but it is identical to the wizard...I was like..hmm..lol...kinda a mold stealer from gateway...but oh well!! hopefully I can bang some chains this weekend at our ace race! :p

Ohhhhh...! I get it now. You're making an assumption about my sexuality based off the car I drive. Funny!

It's true, last year the Mini was in the Top 10 gay-purchased cars but is now surprisingly off the list less than a year later (I guess the fad is over). Regardless, I don't care who else buys them. I'm secure enough to realize the car doesn't make the man.

The Mini is an absolute blast to drive and manages to do everything pretty damn well. Not the best but well above average. I can eat up the miles all day without getting fatigued, embarrass a lot of higher end cars (and the V-8 muscle car owners that laugh at my "toy" at the last light before the turns start - they're not laughing when they pull up to me after the road straightens back out) in the twisties, climb iced over hilly roads in the winter without drama, fill the back with a month's worth of groceries, and still sell it for only a little less than I paid for it two years ago. It even manages to leave a huge smile on my face when I get out of it, even after forty thousand miles. I even get more on-road female interaction in it than I do on my motorcycle.

From the only blog I frequent, here are the Top 10 Cars bought by gay people. Sorry to any VW fans that aren't secure in their sexuality. The Jeep Wrangler was also on the list for the last couple years (I always found that to be funny considering all the frat boys I see driving them). I'm also surprised to not see any Subarus on the list since they seem to be the poster ride of lesbians. The Miata is a grossly under-powered vehicle but is one of the best driver's cars on the market today.

Sorry for the continued threadjack.

Just played the Ace Race in Whitewater with a friend who is a Wizard lover and he could not stand the new disc. He was throwing a 172 ESP.

I , personally, enjoy the disc(172 Pro-D). It holds most any line I put it on and there is a VERY slight fade at the end.

No where near the stability of the Wizard.

Latest posts