• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 Ace Race disc speculation

KnownKiller

Par Member
Discraft Ace Race 2011

I just noticed on the Discraft site that they revealed the players pack for this year. Its the 2 proto discs, a sticker, mini, and a Day Bag that holds 6-8discs. With that being said any ideas on what the "Proto" disc is going to be this year?

Hopefully a putter. I'm hosting my second ace race in Truckee, CA August 6th! Cant wait.

Drivers suck for ace races, to hard to be accurate with less then full throws from short distances. Maybe if the format was a ctp on each hole with a driver, that would be cool.

What would be interesting but highly unlikely is a revamped Nuke SS as the prototype. Interesting, but not necessarily the best for getting aces with.

With the sudden push over the last year of going understable and getting distance because of that understableness, I would not be surprised witha really understable mid faster than a Meteor, maybe something like Lat's Fuse. Or possibly a slower, less stable version of the Stalker, something with a little more glide.

Either way, the course our AM league is considering holding an ace race at this year has some established lines but usually only one way to attack the basket for an ace. A really overstable disc or another putter would have us rethink many of the alternate tee pads and placements for temp baskets we have already worked out.

Wrong, it was the slipstream. One and only driver the ace race has used.

I misread the description on the Discraft site, "inspired by heart-pounding ace runs." I jumped to the conclusion on that before I found the official list afterwards:

2003: Breeze
2004: Glide
2005: Slipstream
2006: Meteor
2007: Impact
2008: Nebula
2009: Focus
2010: Hornet

I really hope its a driver. I think by now everyone knows what they are using as a Primary putter. So they can probably just scrap those altogether.

I really hope its a driver. I think by now everyone knows what they are using as a Primary putter. So they can probably just scrap those altogether.

That can be said about all types of disc for anyone who has played for more then a couple years. Lots of people are really set on their drivers too.

Heck, I'm just excited about the day bag, lol.

I kind of wouldn't mind a putter, that would be the most fun you can have at an ace race. The Hornet was a pain to throw on those short holes b/c of its overstability.

With the sudden push over the last year of going understable and getting distance because of that understableness, I would not be surprised witha really understable mid faster than a Meteor, maybe something like Lat's Fuse. Or possibly a slower, less stable version of the Stalker, something with a little more glide.

you're pretty much describing the Stratus...

with that said, if it's a driver, god i hope it's not a wide-rimmed high-speed monster i already hate even though it doesn't yet exist.

The bag is actually a really good idea. Try and get some new players in the game. What better way to do it, give them a bag and tell them to fill it with "the coolest plastic" lol