• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 DGCR Horning's Hideout Meet! June 4th and 5th!

sillybizz

Course bagger and Bjork super fan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
2011 DGCR Horning's Hideout Meet

This is the official meet up and PDGA tournament for the Northwest at Horning's Hideout! There will be a PDGA sanctioned two day event during this weekend which includes a rated PDGA glow round! If you didn't already know the Highland Course at Horning's Hideout has solar powered LED lights built into the top of the baskets and tee signs that charge during the day! There will also be some other fun events and casual rounds for everyone to have fun and meet people.

Official PDGA sanctioned two day tournament scheduled for June 4th and 5th. Entry in the tournament is $10 and PDGA fees are waved for this event so you pay $10 whether you are a PDGA member or not, Pretty cool huh? The morning round Saturday will start around noon and the glow round about 9:30pm. The Sunday round will start at 10am, players meeting is 30 minutes before posted start times. The glow round will be played on the Highland Course and the Saturday morning round you pick either the Canyon Course or Meadow Ridge and the Sunday round you play which ever course you didn't play Saturday, this assures that everyone gets to play all of the three courses on site! All DGCR members that post a review of one of the courses within a week of the tournaments end will automatically be entered into a raffle to win a free Innova DISCatcher Mini Basket!

"Great so I'm in I want to play but is there camping on site?"

Not only is there camping but we got a group camp site and a special deal from Bob Horning (owner of the disc golf course and property) himself! To camp Friday and Saturday and play those days plus Sunday it costs you a grand total of $13! So if you aren't camping then it's the normal charge of $3 per person per day. What a great deal! A big thank you to Bob Horning on that one!

If you have any questions, comments, concerns or want to be assured your spot for this glorious event please send myself or Cefire a PM here on the forum. Also you can send me an email here: [email protected]

MEMBERS CONFIRMED:

Sillybizz
Cefire
JR Stengele
SheilaT
Crazydriver
Lokirising
Radsnowsurfer
himynameismatt
Rhinofist

Last edited:
Yeah, we're super excited about this tourney/meetup! Even though we are going very minimal with the entry fee, we'll still have a few nice CTP's and of course the Mini Innova Discatcher to give away to the lucky DGCR reviewer raffle.

The overall schedule will look something like this:
Round 1 - 12-3pm Sat
Throwbot- whenever you want between 4-7pm Sat (Throwbot is explained below :))
Round 2 - 9-11pm Sat
Round 3 - 10am-1pm Sun

All three rounds will count towards PDGA ratings and you'll get a shot at all three courses at the fabulous Horning's Hideout!

THROWBOT:
Most of you probably have not experienced the bliss of a Throwbot round, but I'll give you the rundown on perhaps the most fun you'll ever have playing disc golf.

ThrowBot doubles is essentially played by an "operator" and a "robot". The robot is given a blindfold and directed to the first teepad, at the teepad they are spun around several times so they don't know where the hole is. The operator then directs them any way they want (talking, physically moving them) on how to throw the next shot AND guides them to safely get to the next lie! If you want a little sample, check out this youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjBMxAiASa0

Each player is going to get 2 holes where they play as the operator and 2 holes where they play as the robot (four holes total).

The cost will be included in with the $10 entry fee for the whole shebang and I'll be making some sweet trophies for the winning team - here are the pair from the recent Throwbot Throwdown at the Lucky Mud last year:

So pick your partner carefully
irobots-11.jpg

Start practicing
124860_512x288_generated.jpg

and get ready for some wholesome ThrowBot goodness!

funny-robot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to attend this. Alas, I'll be coming off back surgery in May, so no golf till October for me. If I can walk comfortably I might come and hang out.

Sorry to hear that Ryan! It would be cool if you could manage to come and hang out but best not to push yourself after something major like that. I hope everything goes well for you. :)

Don't put me down as confirmed, but I would really like to be there. It will definitely be last minute if I can make it.

Don't put me down as confirmed, but I would really like to be there. It will definitely be last minute if I can make it.

Cool just let us know when you can. :)

I will try and show up for a bit but got to Head to Eugene on Sunday. Time for me to head to the Fair and be a Hippy for a while.... I will let the others on here know that use this so so little.

Hippy007

Sweet, thanks Andrew. Can't wait to get a round in and see you again at Horning's! :)

I want to do this! Where do I sign up?

Right here my friend!

If you could send myself or Cefire a PM with the following information you are in:

- Real Name
- PDGA Number if you have one
- Which day(s) you plan on camping

:hfive:

I'm really tempted.. however I'm also going to be playing in the BSF a little later that month, and two long road-trips + camping may be a bit much for me. I'll have to see. Anyone happen to be heading up through Eugene, OR? If I didn't have to drive for both events that might make it more appealing ;)

By the way I'm bringing some LED lights for sale which are legal for PDGA events apparently. I might even bring some glow discs from the shop to sell also. We are expecting some day of sign ups as well. See you all there. :)

Only $10 for entry? If we aren't camping will it be $16 total because of the 2 x $3 entry correct?

If so. Absolutely count me in. Had planned on entering the 4th of July Tournament at Horning's as my first event but this looks like the perfect event for me to cut my teeth on.

Another question...Should this be limited to DGCR member's only? There's quite a few very skilled individuals who play the local courses that would also jump all over this opportunity if they were aware of it.

If it's ok, I'd like to maybe print out a flier for our courses msg board, directing them here and encouraging site registration? Won't do anything without an OK from you guys though this is you're event.

Only $10 for entry? If we aren't camping will it be $16 total because of the 2 x $3 entry correct?

Correct. If you aren't camping then the $3 per person, per day rule IS in effect and total would be $16.

If so. Absolutely count me in. Had planned on entering the 4th of July Tournament at Horning's as my first event but this looks like the perfect event for me to cut my teeth on.

Awesome, I'll put you down on this list. This should be an excellent first tournament for you, will be lots of fun. :)

Another question...Should this be limited to DGCR member's only? There's quite a few very skilled individuals who play the local courses that would also jump all over this opportunity if they were aware of it.

This is not limited to DGCR members only, in fact it has been posted to the www.nwdiscgolfnews.com website and you can see that announcement here: http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7029

If it's ok, I'd like to maybe print out a flier for our courses msg board, directing them here and encouraging site registration? Won't do anything without an OK from you guys though this is you're event.

That would be just fine, in fact we encourage it! Again they don't have to be members to play but directing them here is always a good thing. We will be having a raffle to give away an Innova Mini Discatcher to any user of the site who has a review up for any of the three courses within a week of the tournament so being a member here and writing a review could bring you an extra prize. Rating number or review size doesn't matter but we do encourage thoughtful reviews.

Thanks for the interest in the tournament and making fliers for us, much appreciated! :)

Here's the flier I was able to come up with for the tourney. I have no graphic design exp but was able to come with something the should grab people's attention and garner interest while also providing all the key information...

Lemme know what you guys think...

http://www.mediafire.com/?rwx8ij343fzlxli

Posted up fliers at the two closest courses to me, Pier Park(Playing a couple rounds here today if anyone's interested) in Portland and Leverich Park in Vancouver. Absolutely beautiful weather last few days so I've been able to spread the word myself as well.

Looking forward to the event!