• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 USDGC Action and Coverage by The Disc Golf Guy

The Disc Golf Guy

Bogey Member
Hey everyone!

I'm excited to be attending another United States Disc Golf Championship which kicks off in just over a week. I'm guessing this will be my official event thread so I'll have to make it a point to come back here and check on it often.

I'll be posting updates, direct links to my vlogs, and direct links to some still photography I hope to take.

Seeing how this trip will likely be 95% SELF FUNDED, I'm hoping to put up a few items here and there with hopes of people buying them with the spirit of mini-sponsorships. Purchasing any items would be great and if you wanted to go above and beyond to get a company logo, club logo, or simple shout out on a vlog, that can be arranged as well.

One company has already given me a free night stay at a hotel as well as some product so although we all know "Cash is King" because it pays for things like rental cars, gas, food, and flights, I'm still open to other creative suggestions!

Thanks for the support as I'm looking forward to an amazing week!

I too enjoy your coverage Terry. Keep up the great work, and have fun out there.

Ain't Nobody Got Time For Dat

Thanks for the support guys.

As for playing - I rarely play anymore. Apparently my career peaked in 2007 which was the year that I ran Am Worlds and got married. Clearly I'm not coming up with excuses or anything but I've since then installed about 20 courses, put up nearly 200 blogs, had 2 beautiful girls, and run more than 100 tournaments ;)

However - when I do get to play I'm certainly getting more and more selective. There are a number of events I love playing and one of them is usually Worlds. I've not competed in 18 straights years of Worlds (not bad seeing how I'm 35).

I then 'compete' on a pitch and putt course during a Wednesday night league that I run. There are 18 birdies out there and I usually get anywhere from 12 to 17 of them. It's my ONE round per week that I get regularly. Everything after that including tournament weekends are just a bonus. I'm usually too busy running events or standing behind a DSLR or video camera. Sometimes I really miss playing and playing well. It is what it is I guess.

do you ever get to play?

Landed in Charlotte early Monday morning and rushed to the course to get some action. Tuesday morning I'll be heading into the Innova Factory.

Here is my first vlog of many to come. Please watch, like, and share with millions and millions of people:

Good stuff! I'm looking forward to more as the week goes on.

Final Prep Day at the USDGC

Tuesday's Action for you including Simon Lizotte's throw which traveled 650 feet!

Please watch, like, and share with millions and millions of people:

Wow, so when you interviewed AJ he said he didn't remember the last time he didn't qualify for the distance showcase ... and then he didn't qualify this year?

1st Day Coverage of the 2013 USDGC

Possibly the earliest I've ever had a blog posted. Well, maybe leaving th course around 2pm had something to do with that but here we go!

Let me know if you have any questions! The week is just getting started and I can't wait to see what's in store for all of us!

Please watch, like, share, and COMMENT on my vlogs! Thanks!

Good stuff! I don't have time to watch the live play, but your video blogs help keep me up with the tourney. Thanks.

1st Day Coverage of the USDGC

I'm sorry everyone ... I uploaded it in 480 and not the highest quality so here is the new version. Please enjoy this version in HD!

Possibly the earliest I've ever had a blog posted. Well, maybe leaving th course around 2pm had something to do with that but here we go!

Let me know if you have any questions! The week is just getting started and I can't wait to see what's in store for all of us!

Please watch, like, share, and COMMENT on my vlogs! Thanks!

Day 2 Coverage of the USDGC

I'm not going to lie - I really believe this is one of my stronger blogs to date. I hope you agree and enjoy it as well.

I'm looking for feedback so if you have any, comment on the video or post it here.

I wish I had a crew of 3 to 5 more people so I could cover more groups, more people, more interviews, and the like but this week it's just me and one buddy trying to get as much as possible.

Thanks and enjoy the latest vlog! Also thanks to Sandy Point Resort and Disc Golf Ranch! www.sandypt.com

Here is a link to the Open Flight Leaderboard:
http://www.usdgclive.com/leaderboard/open/

Here is a link to the Performance Flight Leaderboard:
http://www.usdgclive.com/leaderboard/performance/

I'm not just saying this...that is the best video blog to date. And I have watched all of them, dreaming I could play as good as the folks featured on The Disc Golf Guy's video blog.

And how cool of a dude is Nate Doss? So humble. I think he spent at least three times the amount of time talking up Wiggins, Jr. and Brinster than he did talking about himself. And, to someone who has been married for ten years, you could tell the genuine affection that he and Val share just in his little mentions of their online project. Job well done on the video and HUGE job well done to Mr. Doss for bringing the heat in that round!

Day 3 Coverage of the USDGC

WOW!

I got slightly sidetracked and next thing you know I'm up until after 5:30AM to put this one out. I think you'll enjoy it though and I'm glad you're tuning in for my updates.

It's going to be an exciting finish no matter what and I'll be there for all of the action, shot for shot!

Thank you to today's video blog sponsor, Bearded Brothers! http://www.beardedbros.com

Here is a link to the Open Flight Leaderboard:
http://www.usdgclive.com/leaderboard/open/

Here is a link to the Performance Flight Leaderboard:
http://www.usdgclive.com/leaderboard/performance/

Great coverage! My only suggestion would be adding Hole 5 Guy as an analyst.