• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 USDGC

Then I was standing right behind you.

First professional disc golf tournament I've been too. I had a blast. Got to see a lot of great golf and follow some of the pros I like as close as if I was playing round with them. It was a great event.

Bryan? It's a small world...

Did you guys see our ginger friend Bravethrower holding the leaderboard for the final group

I bet there are a lot of "what ifs" going through players' minds right now. What if Feldberg doesn't go OB twice on 18. Same for Will on 17. Or Doss on 888. What if McBeast plays better before today...etc....etc.

What if BraveThrower and livedoen4 hadn't taken a 9 in US Dubs...they would have cashed!

Climo didn't cash. This has to be the first USDGC he didn't cash in, right?

I'm 99.999% certain he didn't cash in 2011. ;)

I heard a couple years ago that, at the time, he had never played in a tournament without cashing. Could this be his first time EVER out of the cash??

IIRC, there were a handful of tournaments in the mid- to late 1980s (when he was starting out) that he failed to cash in.

I'm 99.999% certain he didn't cash in 2011. ;)

IIRC, there were a handful of tournaments in the mid- to late 1980s (when he was starting out) that he failed to cash in.

a little disappointing if not expected. I wanted to believe the hype about the champ.

I was really pulling for Rico to win. Anyone care to do any research and see if a disc golf manufacturer owner has ever won USDGC before? Or even placed as high as he did? Big boost for Legacy right here.

Well...let's see here. I don't think Climo, Schultz, Nikko, Doss, Feldberg or Schusterick own any disc golf manufacturer companies (aside from Will's 2% of Prodigy) and I don't believe Brinster owns a company either. So I guess that research is done :thmbup:

just think if Barry hadn't had that 11 he probably would of coasted.

and how is McBeth's 15 under not 1100+?

A larger field with some lower rated players shooting horrible rounds would have changed it. Too bad this major had a smaller turnout than some c tiers.

I heard a couple years ago that, at the time, he had never played in a tournament without cashing. Could this be his first time EVER out of the cash??

Climo was just bragging to some of the other pros that he has cashed in every tournament since some tournament in Florida in 1989. That particular tournament had only 7 open players and Climo took 4th. Dave McCormack won.

So Climo broke a roughly 24 year cashing streak.

Another fun fact: Feldberg has finished top 10 in every major he's played in since 2002. This was his 44th consecutive top 10 major finish.

Climo was just bragging to some of the other pros that he has cashed in every tournament since some tournament in Florida in 1989. That particular tournament had only 7 open players and Climo took 4th. Dave McCormack won.

So Climo broke a roughly 24 year cashing streak.

Another fun fact: Feldberg has finished top 10 in every major he's played in since 2002. This was his 44th consecutive top 10 major finish.

wow 44 top 10s in a row is great but if you aren't first you are last. ;)

brinster is so money. did he win Vibram ever?

I'll be caddy'ing for both Climo and Doss this week, will try to post up some pics/vids for you guys.
I heard Kenny comment today that he didn't like having a caddie. That he never really played well with one! For the record, he was caddy'less today & really did not have a fun round! :p

I'll take this level of quality over a much larger (but watered down) Open division at the World Championships. Don't get me wrong. There are as many if not more world class players at Worlds, but you also have more local yokels rated 913 playing Open.

Too bad this major had a smaller turnout than some c tiers.

Will threw two of the worst throws I've ever seen on 17. Wow, just wow.

Congrats to Steve, well deserved!

Rebecca Duffy called him Stevie Brinsten lol

That was painful to watch! It looked like something someone of my skill level would do...

That was painful to watch! It looked like something someone of my skill level would do...

When I played the course last year before AM Worlds, I shanked it SO hard right into the bushes just to the right of the tee. And as I lean down to pick up another disc to have another go at it - I see it coming out of the bushes rolling. It rolled all the way down the hill - into the water. :)

It was like two horrible shots in one.

A larger field with some lower rated players shooting horrible rounds would have changed it. Too bad this major had a smaller turnout than some c tiers.

When they only have 72 spots total, it is entirely invitation only, and they don't use a waitlist to fill open spots, they're not going to have a large field. It's rather unfair to compare it to a generic C-tier that has open registration and perhaps a field limit higher than 72.

Also, the ratings would not have been affected at all by having more lower rated players or more players in general. When the SSA is as high as it is at Winthrop (~68), each throw is worth fewer ratings points (~5.5 points per throw). So mathematically, it is always going to be harder to shoot an 1100 rated round the higher the SSA gets.

Even before the tournament started, knowing roughly what the SSA was going to be indicated that it would very likely take -17 or better to exceed 1100. McBeth came as close as anyone ever has to shooting that score, but he still fell short. That takes absolutely nothing away from how good his round was.

When I played the course last year before AM Worlds, I shanked it SO hard right into the bushes just to the right of the tee. And as I lean down to pick up another disc to have another go at it - I see it coming out of the bushes rolling. It rolled all the way down the hill - into the water. :)

It was like two horrible shots in one.

One of my favorite courses is Bryan Park...and the 18th hole plays across water to a tree lined basket. One of my worst memories of DG is shanking it right, watching it hit a tree, run up near the basket, fall onto its side, then stand up again to roll down the hill into the H2O.

I feel your pain.

.Another fun fact: Feldberg has finished top 10 in every major he's played in since 2002. This was his 44th consecutive top 10 major finish.

I believe--didn't bother looking it up--that the 2010 USDGC was the first tournament in 20-some years that KC finished out of the top 10.

Well now that its all over...this thread is going to get lamer and lamer.