• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Osage Grove DGC series

I'm not sure my ring of fire prize will help that much....I think a psychiatrist would be of more help.....:gross:

The course is surprisingly dry considering the rain we had this week. The only bad spot I really noticed was out in front of No2 tee, which is always a trouble spot. Tons of weed eating done yesterday and I am sure more today. Come on out.

Maybe it was a "good", bad nights sleep. I won my first tournament today!!!!! Thx to Drew, Adam for running the event. Also, thanks go out to all those who put in a ton of work this week getting the course looking and playing great. Seeya all in October.

Congrats to brutalbrutus, who played a division below me and absolutely crushed my score! He played an excellent first round and stayed focused to hold the lead through the second.

Now, Osage Grove in all long pin positions is a tougher course, but still fair. And the weather couldn't have been better. Major props to all the guys who have worked out there, especially coming in to this weekend. And there is every intention to put in another set of tees for every hole this summer!

Lol that reminds me I was perusing the post something random thread last night. My dg name...Snappy Sandbagger :p

There will be more info coming soon, but I figured I would give the Oct4 event a bump just to get people thinking about it again. If your gonna be in the area this is a great new course, a little rough around the edges, but the park is totally funded by donations. So, they have a lot of work to do with not a lot of capital. Any help would be appreciated. Whether its coming out to volunteer on works days or grabbing up one of the available tee sponsorships. Info on course work and sponsorships can be found at this link:

http://www.cincinnatidiscgolf.com/Default.aspx?tabid=74&g=posts&t=2655

Oct 4 is right around the corner. Pre-reg, hopefully, will be up soon. Hope to seeya all out there.

Also, if anyone is planning on coming to this event but hasn't played the course before. The Greater Cincinnati Flying Disc Association's annual points series next event is also at Osage grove, Sept20. Great group of guys and very reasonable entry fees.

http://www.cincinnatidiscgolf.com/Events/CourseChallengeSeries.aspx

On top of that our Thursday night PDGA weekly singles is also at Osage this month(show up by 530). So come on out and play this challenging young course.

Last edited:
Course Challenge (9/20/14) is not, but the Fundraiser (10/4/14) is a C-Tier)

Yea the Course Challenge series is a local club production. However when we play Mt Airy or any of the temp courses in the city parks that require insurance, the club will have those sanctioned as a ctier. But, as Sisyphus said, the Osage grove CCS is not sanctioned.

I am looking forward to this tournament. i have submitted at work to have the day off. hopefully i get it off and i can play in the osage C tier event. my last 3 rounds have been 59 55 59 which is pretty darn good for osage.