• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Pro Worlds full- Another registration fiasco?

discger

The 2015 Pro Worlds registration went live last night at midnight EST, and now all 142 MPO are filled. Some big names are now on the waitlist, including: Will Schusterick, Steve Rico, Eagle McMahon, Gregg Barsby, Cam Todd, to name a few.

Didn't they learn their lesson from the Memorial (I guess the TDs and the pros). I know blame can be placed on both ends, but why have registration open at midnight for f*ck's sake? Why not have a tiered registration? At least do it for the 1000 rated players. This is pro worlds, not race every 930 rated player with Paypal-ready late at night to see who can get in.

Maybe those players should have been more on top of things, but still not a fan of how this was rolled out.

Tattooed-Martha-Broken-Record-Ombre-Wall-Art-7.jpg

Emac beat you to that one on Facebook.

OP of these threads will always get ****, waited a while because I was sure someone else would post this crap discussion, but the fact that it's a broken record that still hasn't been fixed, just makes it worse.

I'm a Intermdiate hack with virtually nothing riding on gettting into Am Worlds yet I was online at 12:01 this morning to get in. It's absolutely shocking that someone who's "career" is disc golf would fail to do the same.

I'm a Intermdiate hack with virtually nothing riding on gettting into Am Worlds yet I was online at 12:01 this morning to get in. It's absolutely shocking that someone who's "career" is disc golf would fail to do the same.

I do tend to agree with this given its a persons "career" like you mention but they also should probably get first dibs on the spots given previous playing history of the events or for the year etc. Invitations to such things are very common across other sports, conferences, events and so on.

"Pro" disc golf, lulz.

The only other division that is full is Grandmaster Women, with 7/7 spots taken. If this is a chronic problem, why don't they reserve more spots for MPO?

PDGA doesnt care about having a real legit Worlds

All they seem to care about is finding suckers to waste money and resources on holding their NT and Worlds events

The proof is in their lack of action or reaction regarding the outcry

The 930 guy who has a fast computer and credit card dialed in is obviously more important than the 1000 rated guys who tried to get in but did not

Its just that obvious they do not care

PDGA doesnt care about having a real legit Worlds

All they seem to care about is finding suckers to waste money and resources on holding their NT and Worlds events

The proof is in their lack of action or reaction regarding the outcry

The 930 guy who has a fast computer and credit card dialed in is obviously more important than the 1000 rated guys who tried to get in but did not

Its just that obvious they do not care

I would like to disagree with the statement in bold. The speed of someone's internet connection is not what prevented any players from getting registered for Pro or Am Worlds.

For Pro Worlds the Open division registration didn't sell out for over 10 hours. Registration was still open this morning at 7:00 Pacific time for ALL Pro divisions. Players that couldn't be up late could have gotten up a little early (Although 10:00 am East Coast is not terribly early)

It wasn't a frenzy and no one got shut out because of slow internet speed. Players were shut out because of their slow speed in deciding to register.

I fully expect the intermediate nation of dgcr to say shame on those who did not get in and the popular notion will be that its the players fault for not getting in blah blah blah

The PDGA will skate free of any controversy because the majority of its members are intermediates and as long as the fanboys choice of McBeth Lizotte n Pierce get in no biggie

The truth is the PDGA serves ams under the guise of being a pro organization

If they truly cared about doing things better they would have

and this is not trolling this is fact

I was on it this year and registered right as it opened. We should all realize that events are filling fast and need to be prepared as best we can to sign up as they open

and why only 144 spots.

either open it up festival like to the masses and have more spots

or

require some type of performance rigid criteria to get invited other than showing up at a tourney every week to get points and then keep the numbers low because its exclusive

As it is right now its an exclusive gathering of nobodies

I was on it this year and registered right as it opened. We should all realize that events are filling fast and need to be prepared as best we can to sign up as they open

You should head over to the Hambrick the following weekend.

Just sayin'...

;)

im no pro i am a terrible tourney player

Im just noticing the wtfs on facebook

a. few of my friends are in and a few got shafted

all worthy pros

Outside of the if's, but's and should of been's, how is anyone, but the player, at fault here. Midnight makes sense to me. Most are off work and family duties at that time. If you waited several hours after registration opened, you obviously were not too concerned about playing.

You shouldn't have to.

If demand exceeds availability, spots are going to be rationed, by some criteria. I'm not sure why staying up until midnight and registering quickly should be the primary, or secondary one (the invite being primary, I guess). Certainly, if registration was still open this morning, those on the waitlist had their chance. But what happens when the rush goes from 10 hours to 1 hour? Or 10 minutes?

Latest posts