• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You vs. 2 Elites

teemkey

* Ace Member *
Let's say the PDGA offers a lottery where a member can win a chance to play one round against two of the best players in the game. The criteria for best player is a rating of 1020 or better and more than $10,000 in winnings this year (as of 12/8). You win the lottery, and get to choose your opponents. The round will be played on the long IDG course (I forget its name).

The rules are that the two Elites throw shots until both are within 200' of the basket, you get to choose one of their lies and play from there, assuming the number of throws it took the pro to get there. That is, if McBeth took two throws to get within 90' and Climo took one to get within 180' if you choose Climo's lie you and Ken would be throwing your second shots; if you choose McBeth's, you and Paul would be throwing your third shots.

The payout is:
1 - $7000
2 - $3000
3 - $0

The question is: Which two pros would you choose, and how much would you pay to enter the lottery?

Pros rated 1020+ who won >$10,000 in 2015 (as of 12/8/2015)

Paul McBeth
Richard Wysocki
Nikko Locastro
Nathan Doss
David Feldberg
Nathan Sexton
Will Shusterick
Simon Lizotte
Ken Climo
Barry Schultz
Steve Brinster
Michael Johansen
JohnE McCray
Steven Rico
Joe Rovere
Jeremy Koling
Cale Leiviska
Gregg Barsby
Eagle Wynne McMahon

Cale Leiviska
Gregg Barsby

Does the prize include a the trip to the IDGC and back? I'd put in a $20 bill, likely could be enticed to pay more depending on circumstances, I would love to be part of something like that - $20 likely for one ticket, or maybe a group of tickets, like 1 for $5, 5 for $20, or $50 for one ticket...

So it's basically a putt and approach contest?

Those payouts per hole or for the round?

Kind of a neat thread idea. I am not paying to play with anybody. Lots of good players here to play. I have never been one to star worship. All the players on that list are simply very good at disc golf. We all have area in which we excel. I enjoy watching them play, but I also enjoy watching my wife or nephews play as well. Saving my lottery money for beer.

So it's basically a putt and approach contest?

Those payouts per hole or for the round?

I was thinking of a way for most anyone to have a chance. Maybe "Wolf" would be a better format.

One round, $7K for first, should entice the pros don't you think?

Does the prize include a the trip to the IDGC and back?

Must we be practical?

I suppose if transportation and lodging could be included theoretically, and that, plus an expectation of sufficient entries would determine the ticket price.

If 500 entries were anticipated, and air fare and lodging were $2000, then $25 per entry. If a thousand entries, then $15 would generate a nice profit. Donated to charity of course ;)

Will shusterick- hope he has one of his infamous putting rounds.

Ullibari- so I can finally call foot faults on him in person instead of through my YouTube screen.

I'm confused. Why would I want to do that? They can dominate me just as much in their short games as they can in their long games.

MJ, to sign a couple of my Comets.
Doss, to sign a couple of my Buzzzes.
I would spend $20 on a ticket, though I'd want rights to the video so I could add some spicy commentary and edit out the part where I get dominated.

I'm confused. Why would I want to do that? They can dominate me just as much in their short games as they can in their long games.

Exactly, now you are only half as dominated.

A better format might be to play a standard round but use a handicap, like the USDGC Performance flight.

Barsby and Simon would be my picks

Sounds like a dream round: Barsby and Climo at McPherson or Cottonwood Riverfront in Arizona. They can pick the strain. Big fat cheeseburgers at the turn.

Latest posts