• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Pro Worlds

t8Cb4Bj.png

Lol exactly

i was thinking it was a princess bride reference, in which case it means exactly what he thinks it means.

Pretty sure Rocaholic was making a Princess Bride reference too. Sheesh.

Based on the first day played at Moraine, a 51 should be in the 1090-1095 range. Unreal.

Report from Scoring Central

A couple of notes from today's A pool round at Moraine:

1) Drew Gibson aced the 288ft. third hole at Moraine this morning. With only 3 aces hit so far this week, each player is currently set to receive $677! :eek:

2) Manabu Kajiyama from Japan shot would have been a course record 54 (if not for McBeth) and jumped from the 14th card to the 8th card! :eek:

3) Paul's course record of 51 was unofficially rated at 1090.

Good luck everybody else!

McBeth did 'struggle' at SRU, maybe maybe someone can make a move tomorrow.

From what I just saw, Ricky shot a 6 on 18 not a 7 which I said earlier. Also, what are others thoughts on how Will melted on the last round. If looks could kill, everyone there would be dead. He looked so pissed.

From what I just saw, Ricky shot a 6 on 18 not a 7 which I said earlier. Also, what are others thoughts on how Will melted on the last round. If looks could kill, everyone there would be dead. He looked so pissed.

Obviously, I can imagine what it would be like to go from 1up to 11down in one round, but to do it on LiveTV...?
I'm not sure how I would have processed that kind of day, so I certainly can't cast aspersions on Will's behavior.

Good luck everybody else!

McBeth did 'struggle' at SRU, maybe maybe someone can make a move tomorrow.

If someone is going to make a move, they're going to have to do it on the same Moraine course they just played. Only the final 9 is at SRU...9 holes to make up 8+ strokes is a tall order, even for someone as tall as Ricky or Will.

It's gotta be tough trying to play against the beast when he is in full on beast mode. So disheartening. He is absolutely crushed my it the last two rounds.

If someone is going to make a move, they're going to have to do it on the same Moraine course they just played. Only the final 9 is at SRU...9 holes to make up 8+ strokes is a tall order, even for someone as tall as Ricky or Will.

My bad! It's fun to see someone dominate so thoroughly, but also not.

#fahgeddaboutit

This is why I say Worlds is the creme de la creme. All top pros and even some of the lesser known pros can shoot a couple hot rounds. Worlds is another beast with a huge field of talent that requires consistent greatness and allows the best players to prove it. It's not impossible for McBeth to lose, but someone would really have to earn it.

Even if Paul shoots the same as his current worst round of Worlds (59, 1035 rated round), Ricky would need to tie Paul's course record tomorrow to pull even. Its more likely that he shoots somewhere around his average (57, 1048 rated) and the best score comes in at 54 or 55. If that is Ricky, he will still be 5-6 strokes back going into the final 9. Super tough.

McBeth made up what, 7 strokes last year in a pretty short amount of time?
It's not over until it's over.
They're human.

This is why I say Worlds is the creme de la creme. All top pros and even some of the lesser known pros can shoot a couple hot rounds. Worlds is another beast with a huge field of talent that requires consistent greatness and allows the best players to prove it. It's not impossible for McBeth to lose, but someone would really have to earn it.

Word. With this long of a format his superior skill will come thru the vast majority of the time. Shorter tournements it only takes one or two really hot rounds to win, which a lot of guys can do. But over 117 holes his superior skill will leave him alone at the top.

Latest posts