• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Prediction Contest - Steady Ed Memorial Master’s Cup

discallday

Birdie Member
MPO Directions

Pick any four players in any order. Be sure to use first names or initials for any common names.

Points will be awarded as shown below:

1st Place - 10 points
2nd Place - 8 points
3rd Place - 6 points
4th Place - 4 points
5th Place - 2 points

FPO Directions

Pick any two players in any order. Be sure to use first names or initials for any common names.

1st Place - 5 points
2nd Place - 3 points
3rd Place - 1 point

If your two players finish 1-2, you get 8 points.

Steady Ed Bonus

Which one player will play the most steady golf this weekend? We're looking for the player whose scores' (NOT their round ratings') standard deviation is the lowest. This player can be in ANY of the divisions, though we won't accept if they drop out and score any or all 999s. On the other hand, if any of y'all are playing this weekend, I wouldn't hold it against you if you guessed yourself, and bagged the first round to make sure it was repeatable for the later rounds. But on the other hand, this bonus is only worth the usual 4 points. We reserve the right to be generous with these bonus points if more than one selected player shoots STEADY throughout the tournament.

Donations

Speaking of generosity, if anybody would like to donate prizes to the winner's pool send a PM to Mocheez, Ballingerj44, or myself. Thanks!

And enjoy… :)

http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/22230

Just fyi they're playing a different course Sunday with different par if that matters for the consistency thing.

Just fyi they're playing a different course Sunday with different par if that matters for the consistency thing.

Well, shoot. Yeah, that probably matters. I always thought they played the same 18 holes in past years, though I like the inclusion of more of the holes. Thanks for letting me know.

Just checked on dgscene - 24 hole layout Friday and Saturday, and 18 hole layout Sunday.

Let's just go back to using round ratings. The player whose 3 round ratings' yield the lowest standard deviation will earn 4 points for their predictor. And we can still be generous, if it comes out really close.

Sorry ahead of time if this causes any confusion. :doh:

And get your picks in by Thursday night.

Last edited:
Doss
Wysocki
McBeth
Rico

Cat Allen
Pierce

Bonus: McBride

Men:

Paul McBeth
Ricky Wysocki
Nate Doss