• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 PDGA World Championships

But that wouldn't change the fact that the hole is too easy for top level competition...;)

It probably wouldn't need much to change that hole(not par) for the better. An elevated basket to bring in the chance of going long down the ravine. Or bringing that little peninsula of OB on the right all the way across the fairway.

Last edited:
Not that would happen, but what about just removing either the inner or outer set of chains?
At least it wouldn't require entirely new baskets.

Remove all chains and the pole above the basket.

Or just keep roping off artificial OB.

Shooters continue to get better in the NBA. They haven't talked about changing the hoop. They've moved lines, changed rules, made adjustments. But the hoop is the same.

Move the 10m back to remove all the 35 foot step putts.

I was surprised at how close to the target some of the top pros used a "jump/step putt" this week.

Why not? Water polo is called polo, but how many people show up at matches expecting to see horses?

Yes. You get it. As someone who grew up playing water polo from age 9-college, and still some club, I am so burned out on people making jokes about swimming/drowning horses.

Can you imagine the spit outs you would see on a smaller basket with less chains.... this was one of the best worlds in recent memory. How did we get on this topic? Very cool to see a new champion. First new champion other than Mcbeth or wysocki in 7 years. Cool to see a 'young gun' like barsby dethrone these 'old' veterans.

Even then, players would not be able to practice much on any local courses, and they would all need to buy one of the touring baskets for putting practice. The fundamental issue with regard to putting at the tour level is the current equipment, available foliage and rules are perceived to not provide sufficient scoring separation (primarily Open division), especially on shorter and open holes. There are some creative ways to address this without wholesale changes in equipment.
Yeah I think an incremental change to the basket to make it slightly harder is better than a big change. An idea I had is to make the top tray and chain assembly swivel freely like a sunglasses display so that those putts that catch the sides and luckily drop in are a lot less likely and more likely to spin out. That way, the dimensions of the basket essentially stay the same and the pros won't have as much need to buy a particular basket for practice.

-------------------------------------------------------

Great Worlds, super happy for Gregg. My only observation is that I think Anthon would have had a Worlds title by now if he wasn't lugging around that 50-disc bag. He should really get a cart because it looks like every joint in his body hurts when he walks. Can you imagine how deadly he would be if had wheels?

-------------------------------------------------------

Great Worlds, super happy for Gregg. My only observation is that I think Anthon would have had a Worlds title by now if he wasn't lugging around that 50-disc bag. He should really get a cart because it looks like every joint in his body hurts when he walks. Can you imagine how deadly he would be if had wheels?

Or how he would have done if he hadn't had that hiatus.

This debate says a lot more about disc golfers than it does about disc golf itself. There's this constant push to create and manufacture prestige and class. We need to stop trying to be ball golf. We only look pretentious and second rate when we do.

As long as the course selects the best playing golfer, I don't think anything about the hardware or the discs need to change.

I don't see a problem with how well Pros putt really. I watched the Disc Dash for Cash where they putted on marksmen baskets and there was so much less excitement, watching a long putt go in is fun, and watching pros struggle with making 20 footers and laying up from 40 is just awful.
Plus you watched one of the best players in the world get some yips in a major tournament and drop more than one C1 putt, and his competitors took advantage.

Here's a representation of how the holes performed relative to other holes on the same course. The pointier the star, the better the hole.

Comparisons between courses are not valid for these charts because different groups of players played each course.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• PW18FRGStars.jpg
    PW18FRGStars.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 321
  • PW18FRBStars.jpg
    PW18FRBStars.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 323
  • PW18BRStars.jpg
    PW18BRStars.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 322
We need to stop trying to be ball golf. We only look pretentious and second rate when we do.

I think the elite pros might not agree with that. I believe they think the sport needs to look legit in order to bring in the big bucks. And then....there's corn hole and the money it brings in. smdh....