• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 New Year Bag

ryanwilli7

Par Member
I'm 36 years old and have been at disc golf for about 17 years.
I am mostly RHBH as my forehand is terrible.
I've had some injuries that have affected my game: Torn ACL and torn Achilles, both on my right leg. These have affected my trust in really using my plant leg fully, but its improving.
Other Sports: Baseball

My goal is to put together a bag that I will use throughout the entire year without major changes. I'm a plastic addict that likes to buy and try new discs a lot, which isn't a bad thing, but I think it would make me a better player to focus on using the same molds more consistently. Most of the bag is planned out, but I'm always interested in feedback and suggestions, or experiences others have had with similar discs.

The Bag: Upper Park Rebel

Putters (out to about 270):
2x 175g DX Aviar Putt and Approach for putting.
1x 175g DX Aviar Putt and Approach for throwing.
2x 175g DX Rhyno for throwing, one straight and one fresh.
1x 175g Champion Rhyno for overstable throwing.

MidRanges (out to about 325):
2x 176g ESP Comet for straight to understable.
2x 180g DX Viper, one relatively straight and one fresh.

Fairways (out to about 360):
2x 175g ESP Sting, newer disc to me, both are fresh, currently working one in. Straight to understable.
2x 170g DX Viper, one straight and one fresh.

Drivers (out to about 400, but not as consistent as I would like)
1x 171g C-Line PD for overstable and wind duties.
1x 171g S-Line PD that is relatively fresh. Main driver currently, once beat into straight I will probably pick up a second.
1x 168g D-Line PD that is beat into straight right now. Can throw this on some nice anhyzers as well.

PD is about all I want for distance right now.
Vipers are my favorite mold of all-time. I like max weights as a stable mid and lighter ones for fairway duties.
Comets are awesome, but have toyed with the idea of Gauges in that spot instead.
Rhynos cannot be replaced for me as throwing putters.
In the circle putters is my least favorite spot right now. I really like shallower feeling discs, but I want something super straight for my spin putt. I have thought about Yeti Aviars, Maidens, and Pilots for this spot. If you have suggestions let me know. I'm getting ready to put in a new year order and may just try something.

Let me know what you think, or your experiences with these discs.

I like the K3 Berg for spin putting, but it takes some oompf to get moving. Took me about a month and a half to be able to putt 40' and I have zero fear of it sailing past the basket. The farthest come backer I have had was probably 15', compared to 30 & 40 footers when i was using a PandA.

I like the K3 Berg for spin putting, but it takes some oompf to get moving. Took me about a month and a half to be able to putt 40' and I have zero fear of it sailing past the basket. The farthest come backer I have had was probably 15', compared to 30 & 40 footers when i was using a PandA.

I may have to give them a look, thanks.

Latest posts