• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 PDGA Professional Disc Golf World Championships Aug 12-17

He could get a cart, Zuca makes some with just Zuca on the cart and Rovaic or what ever the name of the company makes one backpack cart both carts being ones that can have a backpack on them and have a seat. However I have a feeling that Jeremy Koling is on the high side for dropping out,

Thanks for the info.

I'm sure Koling is well aware of the existence of carts. A cart doesn't really do a whole lot of good if he's dealing with sciatica. Using one might help prevent physical actions that could trigger or introduce the problem (like bending to pick up a bag over and over again), but once you're in pain, your throwing is going to be affected no matter what you do.

I'm sure Koling is well aware of the existence of carts. A cart doesn't really do a whole lot of good if he's dealing with sciatica. Using one might help prevent physical actions that could trigger or introduce the problem (like bending to pick up a bag over and over again), but once you're in pain, your throwing is going to be affected no matter what you do.

yeah the Cart help was for his body to lesson the pain of up and down with the bag. I know I am sure he knows of carts and ones that are not made for a specific disc golf disc company or made for no bag, I just think he would want to put his bag on cart as an easy option.

Of course Mr Koling still wanting to play in worlds he might not use a cart and try to tough out the game, even if in very bad pain.

He could get a cart, Zuca makes some with just Zuca on the cart and Rovaic or what ever the name of the company makes one backpack cart both carts being ones that can have a backpack on them and have a seat. However I have a feeling that Jeremy Koling is on the high side for dropping out,

Thanks for the info.

He could also have a caddy, couldn't he? But from what I'm hearing, none of that is going to matter. :(

Good eye. Perhaps there are hardly any courses that reward >450 foot power.

Further study is needed.

Or, once a player can throw 450, other aspects of the game determine rating improvements. IIRC, 450 was the most common distance in previous "How far do successful pros throw" threads.

Do you think there's a way to summarize a player's game using Udisc statistics similar to baseball's WAR?

Or, once a player can throw 450, other aspects of the game determine rating improvements. IIRC, 450 was the most common distance in previous "How far do successful pros throw" threads.

Do you think there's a way to summarize a player's game using Udisc statistics similar to baseball's WAR?

Yes, use the scores. Since players are playing against each other individually on the same playing field, there is no need for a WAR-type way to guess who is a better player.

Yes, use the scores. Since players are playing against each other individually on the same playing field, there is no need for a WAR-type way to guess who is a better player.

How did different aspects of a player's game combine to produce their total score? Are there skill minimums for successful pros?

Why are there no tee times posted yet?

People will be teeing off in 13 hours and they still have no idea whether they are going off at 8am or 2pm....most disc golf sugnificant tournaments they post tee times earlier as well as in ball golf....seems odd that they don't announce World's tee times until so late...

It is easy enough to do 24-48 hours in advance....

How did different aspects of a player's game combine to produce their total score? Are there skill minimums for successful pros?

That's different. It won't be the current UDisc stats, it will be something like golf's strokes gained. When we eventually start recording the exact location of every throw.

However, disc golf is much more complicated than golf, so we'll either need a lot more categories for types of places the disc can land, or a heat map of average throws to get to the target from every location on every hole. Maybe a different heat map for every type of throw used from each location.

Why are there no tee times posted yet?

People will be teeing off in 13 hours and they still have no idea whether they are going off at 8am or 2pm....most disc golf sugnificant tournaments they post tee times earlier as well as in ball golf....seems odd that they don't announce World's tee times until so late...

It is easy enough to do 24-48 hours in advance....

Tee times are typically announced at the players' meeting, which I assume is taking place right now (it's usually the night before rounds start). The reason they do this is because check-in closes shortly before the players meeting, and they don't want to include players that failed to check in.

As a player, it's really not that big of a deal. They know the course they're supposed to be going to tomorrow. The meeting gets out early enough that if they have an early tee time, they can get themselves back to their hotel or house or whatever with plenty of time to get the rest they need.

Thanks for the info...but I seem to remember many tournaments when I know the tee times on udisc earlier than 7pm the night before the first round...am I wrong?