• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 DGLO

They made FPO 14 so freaking lame, it's not even funny.
Feels so out of place on this course.

They should have left it as it was: throwing up the hill from the short tee a long. So you'd have the long walk back down the hill to FPO 15. Better than a lame-ass hole.

TD = lame ass hole.

I've been complaining about Nate enriching himself through his position on the board for some time. It's by no means limited to the payouts at DGLO. :ROFLMAO:

The players pack is listed as:
-Bushnell Rangefinder
-3 Discraft discs
-Tournament shirt
-Tube of Zanfel
-GRIP6 Belt
-GRIP6 Pair of Socks
-Merrell discount coupon
-More items to be announced!

More items, mind you, were never announced. Not that it isn't a pretty generous players pack. We also got to purchase Discraft plastic and other things as part of our registration (I got 2 "colorshift" Fierces, for example, but passed on the other options because an extra $50 for two throwing putters was already putting me well over $200 for the tournament).

Honestly, from a pragmatic standpoint (rather than my distaste for Nate's greed), there is a legitimate gripe about the payouts all being Ledgestone - their selection is meager, and weighted very heavily on things that most people don't throw, super limited runs, or discs that are primarily used in the bags of MPO players. Beyond that, the "buy it all on awards ceremony day or your prizes are forfeit" bit is pretty unusual, in the day and age of payouts being done with online codes for credit at places like Great Lakes Disc, OTB, Disc Baron, etc...

If you have so much bad to say about Nate and everything else, I'd like to know why you are even playing DGLO. It's a fair question.

If you have so much bad to say about Nate and everything else, I'd like to know why you are even playing DGLO. It's a fair question.
I wanted to compete against my friends, and other than one FPO player who's relegated to MA3 because she doesn't have a tour card, they're all playing FA1 at DGLO.

I thought the rangefinder was a nice bonus ban when I signed up, but having played with enough people using them since then, it doesn't bring much to my game - it turns out I'm a pretty good judge of which disc to use, and how much power to put into it, without technological assistance...

I wanted to compete against my friends, and other than one FPO player who's relegated to MA3 because she doesn't have a tour card, they're all playing FA1 at DGLO.

I thought the rangefinder was a nice bonus ban when I signed up, but having played with enough people using them since then, it doesn't bring much to my game - it turns out I'm a pretty good judge of which disc to use, and how much power to put into it, without technological assistance...

Agreed. I used a rangefinder for one round and sold it, I found myself throwing worse when I used it.

We have a local TD who I don't agree with on much of anything and I find myself just avoiding his tournies. I found I wasn't able to relax and enjoy the moment knowing he was heading up the show.

Anyway good luck and have fun.

Whats up with Cat A? She Won the Preserve and was top 3 at European open
But her last 3 tournaments?? 24th at Ledgestone, 33rd at Idlewild and now she 2nd to last!!

Whats up with Cat A? She Won the Preserve and was top 3 at European open
But her last 3 tournaments?? 24th at Ledgestone, 33rd at Idlewild and now she 2nd to last!!
Her backhand off the tee has really gone sideways this year at points, and the last 3 tournaments you mentioned she's starting to have some trouble with the putt (again), although not as bad as before. I've been watching her play since they've ever had coverage of FPO (sometime around 2012ish) and I've never seen her struggle off the tee like this. Her throws are coming off nose up and really uncommitted.

Her backhand off the tee has really gone sideways this year at points, and the last 3 tournaments you mentioned she's starting to have some trouble with the putt (again), although not as bad as before. I've been watching her play since they've ever had coverage of FPO (sometime around 2012ish) and I've never seen her struggle off the tee like this. Her throws are coming off nose up and really uncommitted.
About a year or two ago , I recall you suggesting pushing 18's pin back and to the right and making it a par 4. I liked the suggestion at the time, and think it plays better now.

Good call!

They just gotta to fix FPO 14.

About a year or two ago , I recall you suggesting pushing 18's pin back and to the right and making it a par 4. I liked the suggestion at the time, and think it plays better now.
Better in terms of length, par and birdie rate but too much OB. Would be even better without the OB added on the right side. If the reason for the right side OB was to reduce foliage damage at the request of the park dept, keep the OB line but make it a relief area where a rethrow is required. More interesting for spectators to watch throws versus penalties, especially on the 18th hole.

Good call!

They just gotta to fix FPO 14.
Easy fix to 14 for FPO is to just go back to the old school teepad (it's still there) and have them throw to the top of the hill. That was the play for years for AM Nats, it would play just fine as an FPO par 4, kinda soft but they could tighten the OB up a little.

They could throw down the hill on 15 like they used to, perhaps even use the old pin position as a par 3 or even have a new position at the bottom of the hill and have it as a very tough par 4 or soft par 5. Lots of room to work for.

I really had no idea how good/bad she'd played over the years to contextualize this recent jag of bad play. And wow is it a drop off.

Absolutely ZERO finishes outside of the top-10 in any women's division from her first event in 2010 through Glass Blown Open 2018. Her next finish outside of the top-10 wouldn't come until Throw Pink 2021.

And then, in August-September 2022, a jag of 4 consecutive outside-top-10 finishes (as low as 24th at Green Mountain).

This year she's up to 8 finishes outside of the top 10, 4 finishes outside of the top 20. The last 3 events (24th, 33rd, 28th) are or are tied with her worst finishes of all time.

I hear things are getting spicy at tourney central over a situation involving a player being charged with the crime of being late to hole one... @_MTL_ give us the deets.

So I'm sitting like 20 feet from Nico, and he's wearing trans pride colors. I wonder if he knows... 🤣

Attachments

• PXL_20230820_203245988.jpg
    PXL_20230820_203245988.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2