• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 DGLO

A rangefinder cannot calculate effective lengths for disc golf throwing, just horizontal distance and height difference from a direct angle measurement (Pythagorean calcs) which are only slightly different.
Effective distances with elevation changes can be approximated by a formula. (Which it sounds like you're working to improve upon), but there can never be a hard rule.

Different throwing styles will be affected differently by elevation. i.e. Take two players with equal maximum flat-level distance, but one player throws faster and one player throws with more spin. The spin thrower will have a longer effective distance on an uphill shot than the speed thrower.

A rangefinder cannot calculate effective lengths for disc golf throwing, just horizontal distance and height difference from a direct angle measurement (Pythagorean calcs) which are only slightly different.
100% agree. I don't want anything distracting me from the feel and the things that are going on subconsciously. I like the impromptu go with the flow state, I think adding extra elements like range finders distracts from that, for me at least.

Plus I ain't the fastest player as it is. Don't wanna add more elements that slow me down even more.

Williams has sure put that incident behind him. He looks like choir boy out there and seems to be well liked by everyone including me.
It was lots more than one incident and he took his suspension to heart and saved his career. I love to watch him play now and root for him. His turn-around is a feel-good story for sure.

Latest posts