• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 OTB Open May 12-14 at Swenson Park in Stockton CA presented by MVP

I'm one of those guys who really enjoyed pros taking a few snowman 8 on the scorecard. Especially Buhr who didn't check out afterwards. That 16, 17, 18 stretch did well to punish shots that weren't quite great. Refreshing to see pros on a golf course unable to muscle a 450' Sky hyzer to rescue them from a bad drive. I admit the OB lines on 18 were a little gimmicky, but hey… this is disc golf.

Especially to see the most compact player win over the lanky bomber build.

"So you're saying there's a chance"

Looking at Catrina Allen's septuple bogey on 17 and wondering what happened.

She dunked four discs in the water on a 230ish shot. Water was short/right and there was a WIDE OPEN safe forehand shot available.

It was just like when she misses a putt long and the rushes to her disc to miss the come-backer short.

I agree that the course was/is not good for viewing- too flat and too many instances where it is hard for the cameras to actually capture the layout of the hole. That being said I feel like this is one of the best designed of the golf hybrid courses as far as game play goes. I have always thought Leonard's design at Gleneagles was the best of the golf hybrid courses but this one may be a better design job albeit on a far inferior piece of property. The tee placements are thoughtful and the stock hyzer is devalued greatly compared to most hybrid layouts.

Another situation I'm not aware of. Can you explain?
There's some stuff online, though I haven't seen (and haven't found searching just now) the supporting evidence, regarding Emerson and QAnon-type-stuff.

There IS some pretty well documented non-political stuff following Emerson around. He took money from a bunch of people for virtual form-checks, where they sent him cash and videos and then he proceeded to completely ghost him for months. The posts were coming up every few months on reddit but he didn't care until they started contacting Latitude 64. And even then at first all he offered were apologies and it took further goading to get him to follow through and finally do what he'd promised or send refunds.

I believe that stuff was based on postings made by his wife.

She posted legit Q-Anon, off-the-deep end stuff online.

One would think that if the wife was into that crap, their partner would at least be aware if not also supporting it.

She had a LOT more room to the left. Bad line plus sawed-off = swimming.

No doubt. But ditto on the backhands, too. If she "makes a mistake" with too much height or too much hyzer she's also inbounds, even if outside of putting range. She clearly was trying to park it on every throw. I saw her do this same thing (try a tough, not difficult shot over and over wanting to park it) at Texas States back in 2014, on Vinnie's special made island hole at the old Old Settler's layout in Round Rock outside of Austin. Without a 9 on that hole she's challenging for the W.

No doubt. But ditto on the backhands, too. If she "makes a mistake" with too much height or too much hyzer she's also inbounds, even if outside of putting range. She clearly was trying to park it on every throw. I saw her do this same thing (try a tough, not difficult shot over and over wanting to park it) at Texas States back in 2014, on Vinnie's special made island hole at the old Old Settler's layout in Round Rock outside of Austin. Without a 9 on that hole she's challenging for the W.

I would love to caddy for her for a season. I think she tends to be overly aggressive lines and doesn't have a good "reset" mechanism. Even winning the world's in Utah involved a line that was too aggressive, although it did (ba9rely) work out for her.

After seeing the World's trophy last year, I wouldn't be surprised.

Attachments

• trophy.jpg
    trophy.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 95
After seeing the World's trophy last year, I wouldn't be surprised.

I heard the trophy was a carving of a fox made from wood harvested on the course. A local woodcarver made it and the eyes of the fox were California gold nuggets. A really cool idea that brings in a lot of elements of the course. I didn't think the execution was perfect, but the concept was there.

It was posted on the Disc Golf Humor page as photoshop. The legit trophy looks Sharpe. I posted to bring humor to your day.