• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

3 Man Throwdown Against MS: Sunday August 24 in Highland, IL

dehaas

* Ace Member *
Figured I would post the thread here since I filled out the sanctioning agreement just a few minutes ago. The fourth iteration of the 3 Man Throwdown Against MS will be held on Sunday, August 24. In the past this has been a 2 round event, and it's filled up so we've added 3 temp holes to not have to turn anybody away. While it's a great time it also makes for a long day. This year's tournament will be a bit different. The tournament will still be held at Silver Lake Park in Highland, IL but this year the city is on board with me using the ENTIRE park (minus the boat ramp). This means that we will be playing a 27 hole layout that in reality will only be seen for this event specifically.

Here are the quick details, give it a couple of days and it should be listed on the PDGA tournament calendar.

Entry Fee: $25 PER PERSON which includes choice of custom stamped Legacy or Innova disc, lunch included after
Format: 3 man bring your own partners best shot, 1 round of 27 holes
Divisions: just one division, it gets difficult keeping people in respective divisions when you have 2 other players on your team
Tee Time: 10am, player's meeting at 9:30. I'll be there super early setting up, registration will probably start at 8 although I'll be there earlier
Ace Fund: optional, $2 if you want in. Multiple aces will split pot, if no aces are hit there will be a throw off after the event and the winner will win 50%, other half will be donated to charity.
Raffle: optional, 1 ticker for $5, 3 for $10. I've always got a bunch of stuff to give away, raffle will happen after the round during lunch.

The event will be PDGA sanctioned, but that's primarily for insurance purposes. I will be part of the Competition Endowment Program, so non members will NOT have to pay the extra $10 non member fee.

Net proceeds are donated to the Gateway Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. Since this is a fundraiser, the payout is very minimal (if at all). Please keep that in mind. I'll have a ton of CTP and Longest Putt prizes during the round, so there are plenty of opportunities to come home with some goodies.

I suggest reaching out to me with your team members and I'm going to start building a pre registration list. By adding more holes I can add more teams, but it makes my job a lot easier making scorecards in advance if I know who is playing. Help me out which in turn makes things run much smoother the morning of the event.

I'm sure I'm leaving some details out, I'll add more info as it unfolds.

Baskets are located in tournament positions (aside from 12, which will be moved the day of the event). They are:

1. short
2. short
3. long
4. short
5. short
6. original placement
7. long
8. long
9. long
10. original placement
11. short
12. long
13. short
14. short
15. short
16. short
17. short
18. short

Did some trimming today and marked tees and basket placements for the temp holes if anybody wants to check them out ahead of time.

Holes A, B, and C will play between holes 8 and 9 as in past years. Hole D tees off about 50 feet beyond the long placement on hole 11 and is a hyzer shot along the lake going towards the gazebo. I measured it at 390 today. To get to hole E you cross the street after playing to 12's long basket. There is a natural row of trees and the tee is towards the end of the row of trees. It plays downhill through a gap, then goes back uphill and the basket will be on the downward slope between 3 trees getting towards the lake. It plays 540 and will be a par 4 (17 short is the only other 4). After completing E you will cross the parking lot and the tee for F is near the rock climb wall. It plays downhill through a gap, then through another gap with some trees to navigate to get to the basket, slightly left. It measured at 400. If you're facing back down F's fairway, hole G is off to your left. Hole G's tee and the tee of hole 15 basically sit back to back. It has prairie grass on the left and is a right hand turnover or forehand shot, at 354. Follow the prairie grass around back to hole 13's tee. After playing the short basket on 16, temp hole H's tee is long and right, along the woods. The fairway plays right over the long placement on 16, through a wall of trees, and is tucked between 2 trees right at 380. Hole I plays back parallel to G. It's a bit shorter, 272, but more technical, looks like a roller would be a good shot on it.

I just wanted to get the tees and baskets marked so I could measure and trim, on tournament day itself I'll have more directional arrows guiding you through the flow of the temp holes. If anybody is out there and wants to check them out I'd appreciate any feedback. Things could be tweaked a bit if need be.

Updated the PDGA listing to include teams that have reached out to me for registration so far. I expect more teams to start pouring in.

registration is sitting at 21 teams right now. not quite halfway full but the last week or so people finally start getting motivated to get pre registered.

Hopefully I will have the same team as last year and I am hoping to get some more Engler Park Guys. When I have talked to the other guys I will get back to you.
Steve Glenn Farmington MO.

wanting to play

Am looking forward to play this year Pease put us in we have been there every year. Jim Wahl

29 of 54 team slots filled. Little more than halfway filled up, but just shy of 90 players is still a lot of golfers. Don't wait around if you want to play, tournament should come close to maxing out.

Latest posts