• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I am THEY

This years PDGA volunteer of the year is a woman I have been following, and supporting when I can, in her effort to spread disc golf in the Phillippines - Luisa doesn't even have a car, but she's hauling discs, baskets, and other gear to every corner of the country.

2023 Volunteer of the Year: Maria Luisa Bartolome #124255
The Volunteer of the Year is determined by vote of the PDGA Board of Directors. The recipient is an active PDGA member who has proven him or herself worthy of special recognition based upon volunteer work performed for the betterment of the association and the sport of disc golf.

About Maria Luisa Bartolome, one nomination stated in part:

She has been our superstar Country Coordinator for the Philippines since early 2022. During that time she has organized the DGA of the Philippines/National Association, grown courses in the country from one to seven, introduced the game to dozens of local officials and literally thousands of youth and adults across the country, and, reflecting her ability to "make things happen," received a total of four PDGA grants including both a Marco Polo grand and Diversity/Outreach grant. In short Luisa is an inspiration, an absolute pleasure to work with and support, and an ideal candidate for recognition as PDGA Volunteer of the Year.

Latest posts