• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

41st Annual Wintertime Open

Wow what a crazy finish... Too bad I got spoiled in an unusual way. Warning for future reference, don't pay attention to who Cory does an interview with after the last round if you don't want to get spoiled. Hadnt watched any of Cory's vids yet but it popped up as a topic on my YT recommendations yesterday... :wall:

Agreed brutal, I majorly appreciate Corey's channel and am excited for what he puts out this year. Without a doubt more people will get upset and maybe even unsubscribe his channel if the timing of his videos doesn't line up with the round coverage. That final round 18th hole broke my heart though, I couldn't imagine the emotions on the course. So glad the seasons off to an exciting start and the McBeast is still going to be a force to be reckoned with once he dials it all in. Thanks to CCDG and Johnny DG for the coverage.

CCDG and Eagle did an awesome job with the coverage.

I feel terrible for Hannum. In every of CCDG coverage we saw a spectator get hit with a disc in play, only the old dude on the Hoveround was standing OB . They need to back it up a bit.

Buttgate?

All joking aside, I feel really bad for Hannum. How close would his upshot have been? Who knows. He should have made that tap-in on the elevated basket, and he wouldn't have had to be so aggressive. So many little things. Really hate to see it.

I don't know if he had a way of knowing people was there but going over O.B. on a hole where most of the time player don't go that route, it sure would have been better to make sure spectators are aware (and also not inbound). I wasn't there so I don't know.

Still he had a 6 strokes lead at the beginning of the final 9 so he did many mistakes before that bad luck.

It's still annoying seeing spectators inbound ahead of players no matters they get hit or not.

"It's still annoying seeing spectators inbound ahead of players....."

Occupational hazard. If you want to "grow the sport" and support professional players you need spectators. If you have spectators, that's where many of them will be.

ment to say "feature card" . . but yes, it´s fun to see Eveliina play more in the big events

Finland is close to Sweden and the Nordic countries have a friendly rivalry but is usualy quite nice to each other. . (well NOT when we meet Finland in ice hockey and Norway in cross country skis )

Eagle was really good on commentary.

Very concise and insightful; I liked how he pointed out McBeth kept flicking a Zone on long shots when he used to throw Destroyer on short shots.

Good stuff.

Agree that Eagle's commentary was good. And props to Ian, who IMHO is the very best in drawing out the best from his color commentators.

I did think it was curious how Eagle kept talking about McBeast being with Discraft... "first sanctioned throw with Discraft"... "first sanctioned round with Discraft"... and Eagle really seemed to know all of Paul's discs very well. Interesting that a Discmania-sponsored player really brought up Discraft so much...

Agree that Eagle's commentary was good. And props to Ian, who IMHO is the very best in drawing out the best from his color commentators.

I did think it was curious how Eagle kept talking about McBeast being with Discraft... "first sanctioned throw with Discraft"... "first sanctioned round with Discraft"... and Eagle really seemed to know all of Paul's discs very well. Interesting that a Discmania-sponsored player really brought up Discraft so much...

In the R3 commentary, on whatever that short downhill hole is, Eagle mentions that he actually used to throw a lot of Discraft, presumably pre-sponsorship. He mentioned that he personally didn't like how the Predator felt for forehands, for example, and perhaps that's why Paul wasn't throwing them either. Definitely a tidbit on Eagle I hadn't heard before.

Interesting that a Discmania-sponsored player really brought up Discraft so much...
Well I think it had a lot to do with the card. Three of the four players were sponsored by DC. Also if I remembered correctly Eagle said he threw DC before being sponsored by Discmania. I liked that even though he is sponsored by a different company he is still knowledgeable in other manufacturer's discs. Really impressed with Eagle's commentary overall.

Latest posts