• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

41st Annual Wintertime Open

So sorry about the late release yesterday guys :( computer crashed while we were at the course, so we had to send Peter home to re-render / upload.

That said, hope you're enjoying the coverage! Got lead card plus a bonus vid for you guys today

Thoughts on the reaction cam?

It's all great!! I loved Eagle's setup right before Paul's tee shot on 1. You guys were just missing a sad trombone sample right after the branch hit.

well, Eagle's first shot was not much better. . strange line choice from them both. ." let´s just aim at the biggest tree i can find"

well, Eagle's first shot was not much better. . strange line choice from them both. ." let´s just aim at the biggest tree i can find"

Very true. I feel like the play would just be to throw the same shot they used to throw, but to the left of the old mando tree. Instead they chose a much more direct line which brought the tree and low branch into play.

I thought about what line I would take, factored in the fact that I've never played the course and am rated about 100 points lower than they are, and ended up parking it several times in my mind.

So sorry about the late release yesterday guys :( computer crashed while we were at the course, so we had to send Peter home to re-render / upload.

That said, hope you're enjoying the coverage! Got lead card plus a bonus vid for you guys today

Thoughts on the reaction cam?

Reaction cam has been one of the best additions, up there with drone fly throughs for holes and slow mo. Reaction cam and slow mo between holes is nice to give the commentators some space to work, add in sidestories, wrap up previous hole discussion.

Another thing I've always enjoyed is when you catch snippets of player chat during the round. Stuff like "beat that Garrett!", Koling yelling at Nikko "Stop that!" I'm sure pros don't want everything they say on the course broadcast, but small snippets can really do a lot when it comes to forming fans on the aspect of players as people.

Reaction cam has been one of the best additions, up there with drone fly throughs for holes and slow mo. Reaction cam and slow mo between holes is nice to give the commentators some space to work, add in sidestories, wrap up previous hole discussion.

Another thing I've always enjoyed is when you catch snippets of player chat during the round. Stuff like "beat that Garrett!", Koling yelling at Nikko "Stop that!" I'm sure pros don't want everything they say on the course broadcast, but small snippets can really do a lot when it comes to forming fans on the aspect of players as people.

I will second this.
We have a tourney at my local course and we usually have a few big-time Pros come play (Schwebby, MJ, Barry, Wiggins, etc) and the lead card is always filmed. As I have followed the Lead Card at the course, it's fun to watch and hear how they interact.
I miss that on filmed coverage.

Gonna be a podium sweep... and McBeth still has a full round and the final nine to catch those 6 strokes.

Spoke to soon. Innova wins again. To bad Hammes can be a whiny jerk. Hopefully winning will help him mature. Congrats Adam!

Different Adam, but curiously fitting

71a3GZxT1LL.jpg

Watching that second round coverage of McBeth it seems like he's putting with a lot more hyzer compared to how flat he has putted in the past. Not sure if that's a factor of the new discs or these particular baskets?

Watching that second round coverage of McBeth it seems like he's putting with a lot more hyzer compared to how flat he has putted in the past. Not sure if that's a factor of the new discs or these particular baskets?

I think its the super shallow cages on those baskets

Latest posts