• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

4th Annual Hawk Hollow Meet

To get an invitiation complete the poll

• Total voters
Just a reminder guys...

I'll be bringing an extra cooler of ice for everyone to share some. Last year some went out and bought a few bags and I ended up dumping about 15 pounds when I packed up to leave.

I also have access to an ice machine if anytime we need to go and get a large amount of ice.

Just a reminder guys...

I'll be bringing an extra cooler of ice for everyone to share some. Last year some went out and bought a few bags and I ended up dumping about 15 pounds when I packed up to leave.

I also have access to an ice machine if anytime we need to go and get a large amount of ice.

Fred - You are the man!

MUST haves, SHOULD haves, and PLEASE brings

Hey everyone, here's a list of stuff to help prepare you for your most awesome DG weekend. But first, thanks for your interest and your participation in making this the 4th and most successful Hawk Hollow meet.

ADDRESSES AND CONTACT INFO:

Contained in the Private Message.

WHEN YOU ARRIVE:

I plan to be arrive at the course between 11am and 12noon Friday. Look for a red DGA Mach Lite basket set up at the edge of the road where the driveway begins. If you get there earlier or if for any reason I am not around the barn/shed area, please park on the backside of the shed in the grass so your taillights are facing the main road. Feel free to set up your tent anywhere in the grass between the barn/shed and the main road, leaving enough room for cars to park near the driveway. Come see me and say hi.

MUST HAVES:

Cash: $10 per person for Hawk Hollow donation and some more cash if you plan on playing the Blockhouse ($10 a day plus extra for friday night glow). Also, don't forget some cash for KniceZ's breakfast, maybe a Vegan Ray's lunch, Jabruzzo's beer tub, and maybe a meetup t-shirt and Disc or two.

Disc Lights for Blockhouse: if you're playing glow at the blockhouse Friday night, either bring your own method of disc light, or they sell an LED/Battery combo for $1.00 per. You shouldn't need more than 3 discs with lights (putter, mid, maybe a fairway). NOTE: FLASHLIGHTS ARE NOT ALLOWED at the blockhouse. You'll be disqualified if anybody sees you using a flashlight. Yes, that includes using a flashlight to charge glow plastic.

Prize Pool Donations: Please bring at least one item. Everything we give away is donated by the players. This is our way of keeping the event cheap and extremely affordable. The prizes can be any +9/10 used disc, but they don't have to be disc golf related. Prerube donated an MP3 player one year.

Food: quick breakfast, snacks for the course, and stuff you can cook over a fire or camp stove. Remember, people like to share, and sharing means caring.

Drinks: bring everything you want to drink including bottled water, beer, liqueur, coffee.

Shoes: you will need at least 2 pair. Also suggest getting a can of CampDry to spray all your shoes with for water resistance. If you want me to buy you a can, let me know.. they cost $8 each at Dick's Sports.

Socks: Bring one pair per round (so at least 5 pair including tiki). Unless you have those Keen Birkenstocks then don't look like a fool and wear socks. Vegan Ray's fluorescent short shorts will be enough of distraction for all of us.

Warm Blankets and a knit hat if you're camping: Looks like it may get down to 55 degrees at night, which is about average for this time of year. You'll be happy you brought a knit hat to sleep with at night.

Flashlights for Hawk Hollow: you'll need one to take to Mister Shister's house in the middle of the night.

SHOULD HAVES:
Rain Gear: Yes, I just jinxed us.

A DG stool: Because sitting on a DG stool is better than sitting on a Cow's stool. Some holes may play a bit slow and there are no benches on the course.

A few backup discs: There are some holes with a relatively high chance for losing a disc in the creek or in the corn fields.

Hand Sanitizer, Dish soap, Rubbing Alcohol, and Bug Repellent: We are on a cow farm with hose water only. These 4 things can cure/prevent just about anything.

Ear plugs: because the potential for 25 drunk & snoring ass-clowns in the same field makes for a restless night of sleep if not prepared.

PLEASE BRINGS:

If you have any extra of these, please bring them with you, in no particular order:

Good spirits, Portable Baskets, Firewood, large coolers, Sense of humor, Folding canopies, Folding chairs, Folding tables, disc golf stories, Camp stoves, Cameras, Tailgate-style games, ghost stories, extra prize pool donations, extra beer, prison stories, portable wifi hotspots, 62" LED television with Directv and NFL Sunday Ticket, and of course, world peace.

Short list of confirmations:

Bamm;
sidewinder22;
throwinVA;
jabruzzo3;
prerube;
vondrehle;
apfaff;
optizimo;
jay bird;
FredVegasDGC;
Cyclops; +2
thebrownmule; +2
disc fiend;
chuckdiscs;
monocacy;
tim austin; +2
knicez;
Jrawk; +1
Chrishysell;
VeganRay (assuming);
Biscoe;
Kachtz;
a few of my Southern Maryland club brothers.
some other Spotsy locals no doubt.

I have this Sidewinder I dyed a while back...

EddieInsane.jpg

All I need to do is figure out an appropriate DG related contest to win it....

^ No, you may not...man up and buy some damn LED lights and tape them onto your discs like the rest of us....all violators will be hung, drawn, quartered and beheaded. Your head will then be placed on the entrance of the tiki for all to see as a lesson as what not to do for eternity.

Sorry...was listening to the soundtrack to Braveheart and this popped into my head.

He is not far off. flashlights are strictly prohibited. They sell LED lights and glow sticks at the course.

I have purchased an electronic scale to donate as a prize as well as a few other things.

So spending $3 is the definition of manning up? Boy, are our expectations for being a man low lol

It isn't a flashlight, it is a blacklight, that is why I ask.

P.S.-Roc, are you still going? didn't see your name on the confirmed list and we still haven't planned out anything.

^^Well, the definition of being a man can mean numerous different things to people...being a stand up dude in the face of opposition and staying true to one's self; being a great father; being a great spouse; being a friend to someone when they need it most; and spending three dollars for LED lights for tiki.

I plan on going and having fun...my name wasn't on the confirmed list due to laziness in not responding...and you know me amigo...when do I ever plan anything...I'm last minute charlie and roll with the flow. We have to see who's going from our neck of the woods and see who's carpooling with who. let's talk this weekend about it.

^^Well, the definition of being a man can mean numerous different things to people...being a stand up dude in the face of opposition and staying true to one's self; being a great father; being a great spouse; being a friend to someone when they need it most; and spending three dollars for LED lights for tiki.

I plan on going and having fun...my name wasn't on the confirmed list due to laziness in not responding...and you know me amigo...when do I ever plan anything...I'm last minute charlie and roll with the flow. We have to see who's going from our neck of the woods and see who's carpooling with who. let's talk this weekend about it.

Lol, great definition of being a man. Alright let me know bro.

So spending $3 is the definition of manning up? Boy, are our expectations for being a man low lol

It isn't a flashlight, it is a blacklight, that is why I ask.

P.S.-Roc, are you still going? didn't see your name on the confirmed list and we still haven't planned out anything.

no, not even black-lights. this part of the country is far away from the city lights where your night vision alone will be good enough to find most discs without lights. That is why they don't allow flashlights. Somebody shines a light and your night vision is gone for another 10 minutes.

Also, i have a boat load of batteries and led's. Ya'll can have at them 4 for $1.00. :)

Alright, thanks man. I will just strap them to my glow discs lol

I will also have money for KniceZ and Vegan Ray for breakfast and lunch on Saturday if they want to hook me up. Makes packing a little easier for me.

I know that! Did not want to unveil Kevin.

What I meant by 'unveil' was not to uncover, expose, reveal the true identity of this incredible photographer, terrific disc golfer, and all around great guy!

With that said, I did goof and called Kevin 'Fred'. Just trying to take my foot out of my mouth.

See you guys in a couple of weeks!

I pulled out my tent today to make sure I have everything. Starting my pile of styff to bring in the basement. Getting excited!!!