• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

8/22/2013 HOD Knobley Mountain DGC #9 Ridgeley, WV

Looking at the distances it is definitly a putter hole, no matter what tee. Cant give more detailed info cause the uncertainty of the hole description

Ion or Zone for all but the last. Looks perfect for a nice and easy Comet.

Sorry I'm in so late. Yes, Knobley Mt. is my course. Thanks to Swatso for letting me know Knobley was on the home page! (I haven't read the thread yet but wanted to post as soon as I saw it.)

Actually, only the bottom picture is of Hole #9 from the Red Tee. It's the hole that plays over the stream (driveway) and uphill under the power lines.

I generally throw a *Stingray right at it and am just waiting for my first ace on the hole! :D

Here's the picture from the Red Tee in a bigger size. It's about a 15' gain in elevation so the hole plays more like 230-240' or so. The Red and White tees play in the same order. The white tee is far off of the picture, down the hill to the right, and plays at least 30-40' uphill. The white tee is one of the only holes that I actually throw driver from. 150g QOLF to be specific.

The Orange and Green tees mix up the order of the baskets that they play to in able to help with the flow due to the limited amount of ground.

picture.php

Last edited:
Played it a couple of times

While straight down the drive with a fade (Hornet shot for me) is tempting, the low branches at the midpoint and the steep upslope at the end makes this difficult. I find throwing down the left-side of the fairway, with just a touch of anhyze on my Squall, works well here. The elevation gain does make it play longer than it appears - just make sure you stay beneath the wires directly overhead!