• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

8 year journey to 500ft (max out 400 finally did it)

odytlt2

I always thought its something genetically impossible for me...it took me 8 years wow
oh this feeling :clap::clap::clap::popcorn::D

Hope its an inspitation for you guys thinking only the chosen ones can do it!
(im 34 years almost now)

what helped me were all tipps here
all vids from sidewinder22.. thanks
and a video of dave feldberg thats not up anymore where he tells that you have first to plant before you pull

:hfive:

That's great to see all that work finally came together. It looks like once you got to 450' it wasn't much more to get to 500' since you had everything in place pretty much?

What's the biggest change in feel...are you thinking about hips or push/drop before planting? Or just thinking about waiting to get to the pocket for the arm? I also noticed once you got to 450' your front hip wasn't jamming up/back as much...what changed that for you? Turning back more together, or stride direction or something else?

Definitely inspiring. Great video.

Can you share some breakthroughs you had that got you to/past certain distance benchmarks?

Looks like you really focused on guiding the disc into the powerzone with a closed shoulder...something I struggle with. If you can expound on that that'd be awesome.

Congrats and great work, man.

My old threads have all the name max out 400..you can find them here.

Its definetly not as easy as Put the Disc in the Power zone

Trial and error everyday
Many great Analysis from sidewinder

My main tipp would be as in the video plant First then pull

Slowplastic.
I have the Same feel
I dont Know what you mean there is no close up video with 500ft Power in the video.

Last things i worked was lower ing my right shoulder ..still cant do it
And Release w
Far away from the body lik GG

Congrats! Great vid, from my eyes....what changed the most over the years is:

a) Obviously you developed more snap at the release.
b) Early on you were leaning back at release, this definitely limits power at the release imop. Later in your development you corrected this, leaning more forward at release, which I think played a big part in getting more power / distance.

Slowplastic.
I have the Same feel
I dont Know what you mean there is no close up video with 500ft Power in the video.

Last things i worked was lower ing my right shoulder ..still cant do it
And Release w
Far away from the body lik GG

Sorry I meant time/work wise, going from 400 to 450 seems like it took a lot more work/time/change compared to breaking past 450?

Lowering the right shoulder is exactly what I've been trying to do lately too. Noticing how forward the pro's get as they plant, to keep their body in the right place throughout the throw.

Germany .in scandinavia is definetly more snow man

Haha HuB of course thank you for all your drills too

Slowpl. It Took three years from 450-500.. 450 was almost beto drill only..which is my Problem my footwork oboy

Germany .in scandinavia is definetly more snow man

Definitely recognized a lot of the courses in the video! Soehnstetten, especially. Reminded me of the good old times when I was living there.

That's awesome, great work! I'd be happy just getting to 400! It is nice to see that it can be done by "mere mortals".

1) Thank you for compiling and editing this video
2) How far can you throw a putter (and which putter) with one step?
3) from a standstill?
4) How far can you throw a putter without reachback or from the right peck position?
I ask because I would like to get that part as close to correct before really trying for distance increase

Again thank you very much

Last edited:
Great job, inspiring for someone 30+ and frozen.
I've gone from 300' to 400' in one year so now the hard work begins.
Shame it's only 2 weeks until the local tour hits Ale white where you need a couple of 400' golf lines...

This is awesome man. I don't think we've seen a success story like this Clard. I think the best thing we can take from this is it takes not only trying to change, but throwing a million discs. It looks like you used a net for a while as well, which I'm a big advocate of.

1) Thank you for compiling and editing this video
2) How far can you throw a putter (and which putter) with one step?
3) from a standstill?
4) How far can you throw a putter without reachback or from the right peck position?
I ask because I would like to get that part as close to correct before really trying for distance increase

Again thank you very much

Hi

2 about 110m maybe with a pure
3 90m
4 also far .. I would not underestimate your leg Power. Look dave Feldberg doesnt do right pec at all

Latest posts