• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A Farewell to Turtlecreek DGC

brutalbrutus

* Ace Member *
Turtlecreek DGC in Lebanon, Ohio will be pulled in the near future as they redevelop the park. The Dayton and Cincy clubs are co-hosting an XC-Tier Flex start Sunday Feb4 as a send off and also fund raiser for a possible move of the baskets to a nearby park for a new course.

https://www.facebook.com/events/774684859384053

https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/35163

As of right now only the time is listed. But there should be more info soon.

Last edited:
It is/was a fun course to play sometimes. The wind factor there was just craziness. But it had a lot of problems. The aging black top tees were slippery at best and down right hazardous when damp and we wont even talk about the old rubber mats in the woods... Dead or dying ash trees all over the place. The absolute lack of drainage on some of the woods holes leading to more than ankle deep mud fairways... yuck

IF (not determined yet) they consider the baskets going in to a new design at Armco park next door, I hope they have access to the space around the northeast end of the lake...
...and listen to good design advice!

Any idea why it's an XC instead of a C tier?

It is/was a fun course to play sometimes. The wind factor there was just craziness. But it had a lot of problems. The aging black top tees were slippery at best and down right hazardous when damp and we wont even talk about the old rubber mats in the woods... Dead or dying ash trees all over the place. The absolute lack of drainage on some of the woods holes leading to more than ankle deep mud fairways... yuck

You're right, but this and Harmon are the first courses I ever played. Holes 11 and 12 at turtle Creek are what made me love disc golf. It's just sad for me. Any idea when this is going down?

Turtlecreek was a fun little course and I am sorry you will be losing it.

Glad we had a chance to play it when we visited Cincy a few years ago.

Are there anymore details about the fundraiser event? Is it this weekend or next? I saw a post on facebook but haven't seen anymore info on it.

Its this Sunday and is listed on the PDGA site, linked in the OP. One of the posts I saw, said there should be pre-reg set up tomorrow or Wednesday. Its a flex start from 700am to 530pm(I think they decided to go with this instead of a normal 2 round event is so people can play early if they want to watch the superbowl). They haven't released any fee info yet. This was kinda of a spur of the moment kind of thing, from what I gather. The decision to pull the course was only made recently after being only a possibility for a year. But both clubs have lots of experience running events, so I am sure they will get it together in short order and put on a great event.

Last edited:
While I never cared for the northern Idle/Bank comparison with Turtlecreek and Monroe, I hate to see any course around here disappear. So many basket hits, so few aces.

From the GCFDA FB page...

A C-Tier , Flex Start, One Round, PDGA Sanctioned Charitable Event
Hosted by the Greater Cincinnati Flying Disc Association & Dayton Disc Golf Association
February 4th, 2018
Tee Time: 7:00AM-4:30PM
Entry Fees:
All Open Divisions: $30.00
All Am Divisions: $20.00
Non PDGA fees waived
$10 of each entry fee will be donated to Warren County Parks in support of disc golf.

Join us for the last hooray at Turtle Creek course and help us relocate the course's basket to a potential new course in Warren County by turning out to show support for a new course and to raise a charitable donation for Warren County Parks.

I definitely don't remember much about the buttshack. There was karaoke. There were carbombs and sangrias. There was laughter.

Thank god JohnE wasn't there to ruin that too.

Lol, I don't know if it was JohnE that you are talking about but he was here for a tourney at that course a couple years ago...

Yea that's no good. But he got some karma I guess... shot a 980 the first round, lol...;)

I admit that I am one those guys that plays in large groups. My sunday group often has 8-12 people playing mob dubs. But we always let people play through. Sometimes we let more than one group go through on one hole.

Last edited:

Latest posts