• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

aerobie epic

sm1991

i was throwing early this morning before it started raining and saw the epic in my bad (i usually only use it for tomahawking) and decided to see if i could have any success with it. Normally it goes way left. anyone who has this disc probably hates it. So i decided to try to get it to go anhyzer and it came out nice and clean going to the right, flattened out for a bit then glided to the left. It went about 50-65 feet further than my other drives. anyone else ever have any success with disc?

No. :|

But then, I have a Groove in my bag so what do I know? :D

being a plastic...ahem... hoar that I am, I of course own an epic...

threw it twice... didn't like it... maybe I should play with the tuning thing and bring it to the practice field again... who knows, if it turns out that I learn that thing imagine the looks I'd get whipping out an Epic!

now it makes me want to try discs that people talk all that crap about because of my success with one of them lol

my cousin bombed one on hole 5 at RLW. landed halfway down hole 3...probably 600 feet. the epic is nuts. i don't throw OH so i don't use it. i did try to BH it, with very little success. it was basically a big hyzer line

I recommend going with what works for you, despite what everyone else says.

Sometimes conventional wisdom needs to be stood on its head.

For fun on an open soccer field and with the right wind behind me, I launched an Epic rhbh with some noticeable hyzer, it immediately flipped up and over, but before it ditched into the ground on the right, it flipped back up, and finished with a normal fade. We are not talking a normal flexing S-Curve here, I am talking about considerable hyzer to considerable anhyzer back to a normal fade. It was weird. I easily got about 420 feet out of it. I can get my Pro Katanas to do that first part of the flight, but once they flip up and over like that, they are going straight into the ground.

I could duplicate it a few times going that one direction but not the other. I would say that it was all from the tailwind with a hint of right to left.

I can throw my Wraith way further and accurate than an Epic. I found the one I have and think it's kinda gimmicky looking. It gets lots of hate but at least it's not a Ninja.

Threw my 170g Epic RHBH a few times. Thought it flew pretty similar to my 168g Nuke. Fast, overstable, good for hyzers. Can get more anhyzer with a flat throw. Overall, plastic not tough enough to stand up to constant use so it needs an open field. I keep it around for tomahawks and thumbers though.

I found a used semi-worn Epic at PIAS and this thing is so flippy that I can't keep in in the air.