• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Alas poor MacBeth, we hardly knew ye

It's long and technical. Hole 17 is a beast hole... Just unforgiving in any way. 3 and 4 on hole 17 is nuts.

Yeah, Paul is really washed up. Only set 2 course records so far this year and still the best putter in the game, imho. I have to think this thread was in jest or the OP doesn't watch much disc golf. Just watching this guy play this year you can tell he is still on top of his game.

It's long and technical. Hole 17 is a beast hole... Just unforgiving in any way. 3 and 4 on hole 17 is nuts.

Uli was funny in his commentary on Jomez. He said that a 3 on that hole is not a score. Lol. Like it's not real. Even he said that when you get a 4, you feel like it's an eagle (it's a par 5).

Has anyone ever scored a 3 on that hole before Seppo?

Yeah, Paul is really washed up. Only set 2 course records so far this year and still the best putter in the game, imho. I have to think this thread was in jest or the OP doesn't watch much disc golf. Just watching this guy play this year you can tell he is still on top of his game.

Not sure I would call him the best putter in 2018. He has had some bad moments on the green at least to his standards, air balling an inside the circle put at worlds and I remember the shock of him 3 putting earlier in the year from circle's edge.

Ledgestone ranked 85th in circle 1 and 86th from circle 2.
GBO ranked ranked 73rd from circle 1 and 28th from circle 2.

I dream of making 89% of my circle 1 putts. I doubt Paul is pleased with that number however.

He defenitly is not putting to the standard he set in 15 or 2016, but has been hot the last 3 tournaments MVP, Worlds and Delaware from the green.

Its not really that hard to believe his -14. Iron Hill is the perfect kind of course to reign him in. There really aren't too many places where his desire to go for it off the tee really gains any advantage. So he didn't try for too much and get into trouble like he does at some other courses. Even when he did throw a few off the fairway, his scramble game was on point. Then he drills what was it, 7 straight outside the circle putts?...

Anxious to see how he does at USDGC. Even with the -14 round at Ironwood, Seppo, Uli, Eagle, and Wysocki, were in tow. I don't think McBeth is a Burn Out as much as I think some of the others, in the MPO field, are just getting better and can keep closer to McBeth's scores.

Last edited:
There's no doubt that Paul has found a new level this year. He needed to with top-tier MPO competition getting better and better. Well, he did!

He has had a few hot rounds of Circle 2 putting that are still unfathomable to me. It was one of the earlier TX tourneys, maybe WACO, where the camera was pointed right at him but you still couldn't see more than a leg because the foliage was too thick. I would still be trying to figure out what gap he was trying to squeeze a shot through...Oh, there's the disc. Oh, yep it hit the chains. Unreal.

Anxious to see how he does at USDGC. Even with the -14 round at Ironwood, Seppo, Uli, Eagle, and Wysocki, were in tow. I don't think McBeth is a Burn Out as much as I think some of the others, in the MPO field, are just getting better and can keep closer to McBeth's scores.

25u2txh.jpg

...well there's that..........................

There's no doubt that Paul has found a new level this year. He needed to with top-tier MPO competition getting better and better. Well, he did!

He has had a few hot rounds of Circle 2 putting that are still unfathomable to me. It was one of the earlier TX tourneys, maybe WACO, where the camera was pointed right at him but you still couldn't see more than a leg because the foliage was too thick. I would still be trying to figure out what gap he was trying to squeeze a shot through...Oh, there's the disc. Oh, yep it hit the chains. Unreal.

His putts on two holes in a row in the Worlds are just incredible, neither go in somehow, but that he even took them on through the tiniest of tiny gaps from well into circle 2 blows my mind. Get them wrong and he could easily be three putting whilst chasing down a Worlds. https://youtu.be/ucA4iQmbPf4?t=710 They are probably the best two "missed" putts i've ever seen on back to back holes for just he pure confidence in himself to make the hero gap.

Latest posts